◇Chapter 009◇

"El! El, where are you!" Mike yelled as he and the boys rode on their bikes while Max zoomed past them on her skateboard.

"Maybe we should lure her here with eggos? It might work." Dustin shrugged, earning an annoyed look from Mike as they turned the corner to the lab.

"She's not a dog, Dustin." Max rolled her eyes as she skid to a stop next to the metal gate.

"But she loves eggos," Dustin pointed out.

"Dustin, your level of stupidity is higher than all of our test scores combined." Lucas got off of his bike and leaned it against the fence.

"She loves Mike too, so maybe if we use Mike as bait she'll come here." Dustin pulled a chocolate bar out of his bag and peeled back the wrapper.

"That would only work if we taped Mike to a flagpole and if El was a bloodhound," Lucas muttered. "Bloodhounds can smell things from miles away."

"Bloodhounds are really cool anim-"

"Is this seriously the conversation we're having right now?" Max said, walking into the parking lot. "El's in danger and she's possessed and she's-"

"Right there." Mike pointed to the doors of the building. A person had blown the doors off of the hinges and had discreetly slipped inside.

"Are you sure thats El?" Dustin asked as they began to walk towards the doors.

"Last I checked, we don't know anyone else with telekinesis," Will muttered as he and the party ran towards the space where the doors once stood.

Mike ran through the hallways, yelling El's name as the party followed closely behind him. Mike came to a stop, causing Dustin to bump into him.

"What is it?" Will asked, looking around at their surroundings.

"Listen," Mike replied and held a finger to his lips. Just faintly, you could hear to low voices talking behind a door.

One voice was low and rough. The other seemed to have a bittersweet tone. Max walked towards a door and pressed her ear against it and nodded. She pointed at the door and turned the knob.

"-this hard, just tell me what you know,"  Hopper instructed, his gun still locked and loaded.

"It's a simple antidote," Brenner replied with a sigh.

"Whatever this was-" Hopper kicked the vile on the floor, "It did something to her. Now tell me what you did before I shoot you. And believe me, this time I won't miss."

The kids stuck their heads in the door, trying not make a noise. Will had a nervous look on his face and his eyes landed on the vile, instantly making a connection to what he had seen. The Upside Down.

"Move," a low voice said from the hallway. They all turned as the door opened wider. There stood El, her eyes glassy and light.

"Kid, what are you doing here?" Hopper asked as El walked into the room, her gaze on Brenner.

"El?" Mike reached forward and grabbed her wrist. "What are you doing?"

"I'm doing what he wants," El replied coldy and pulled her wrist away. She walked over to Brenner and tilted her head slightly,glaring at him with icy eyes. "You made him mad. You hurt him."

"Eleven, dear, what do you speak of?" Brenner gazed at El with curious eyes.

"You tried to kill him, he's angry." El walked closer to Brenner as everyone else stood nearby, watching.

Brenner looked into her green eyes and gasped slightly. "What have I done? I made a monster."

El flicked her wrist and Brenner fell to the ground, not moving. Hopper pressed his fingers against his neck. "Dead."

All eyes landed on El as her cold gaze began to fade. She gasped and fell to her knees and began to cry. Her body shook as she realized what she had done.

"I-I'm a monster. I-I killed him. I-I-" El cried into her knees, sobs racked through her body.

Mike knelt next to her and wrapped his arms around El and pulled her into his chest, shielding her eyes from the dead body.

El pulled back slightly to look at the body but Mike blocked her view again. "No, don't look."

"Mike, I don't feel so good," El groaned as a migrain stabbed through her head.

"We need to get you home," Mike said, looking at Hopper who nodded and put his gun into his belt. "We need to talk El," Mike said sternly, clear hurt in his eyes as he helped El into Hopper's truck.

-----------

Mike and El laid together on the basement couch as the rest of the party talked in hushed voices. Hopper was making a phone call upstairs and El's headache had weakened slightly.

"El, we need to have that talk, now," Mike said, earning everyone's attention.

"N-now?" El asked and rubbed her dark brown eyes.

"Yeah, now," Mike said. "We need to know what actually happened." He looked at her eyes sternly, a hint of pain lingering in them. "El, tell me that you know nothing about whats happening."

"I-I can't."

"El, do you know something or not?" He met her eyes and a pained expression crossed his face as he realized the truth. "You do, don't you. C'mon, tell me, El so we can help you!" He was still in disbelief by the fact that she had lied about if she knew anything or not.

"O-okay. I-I'm sorry Mike," El said softly and looked down at the floor to ignore her angered boyfriend's burning gaze. "I-I'll tell you."