Ch-1

8/03/2018 original date

9/12/2018 revised version

*Please read first*

Strong language and explicit sexual scenes.

This story is rated M.

All in Summer's POV except where stated.

Summer is still 17 when this story begins. She'll be 18 in three weeks.

***

Rucker's POV

It was the night of my twentieth birthday when I first laid eyes on her. A spark. That's what it was, and it claimed me for her. The feels were unimaginable. Never have I ever once remotely felt my body and soul light up. How do I explain what I felt when even I couldn't comprehend the magic that ran through me when I first saw her.

People think I'm a very social person, and that I like to put myself out there in a crowd with my friends. No matter the number of acquaintances I have or those that wanted to be called my friends, there would only ever be two best friends. I smile at that thought.

 I had a girl since I was a junior in high school and I thought she was the one. I felt that what I had for her was love, who knows? But there was a time she was included with everything we did together. Now she's just a memory, one that I prefer to forget.

Gage Monroe and Everett Trenton, we three came into one another's lives at age eleven. We bonded and became cemented with each passing year.

We complemented each other and got along better than brothers usually do, well in my case a lot better.

Gage, is humor. The happy go lucky kid with wavy blonde hair whose father transferred him to my school during the summer before the sixth grade.

His dad owns a mobile welding company, and since most of his jobs come out of Seattle, he packed them up and moved near me.

His mom ran off with some man ten years her junior after thirteen years of marriage to his dad. Gage plays it off like he doesn't care, but I once saw him cry when he looked at a picture of his mom. He didn't know I was about to enter his room. I stepped back away from his door and slid to the floor against the wall listening to him cry. I never told him what I heard, and it would remain my secret. Right then and there, I promised to do everything I could to make sure he never cried again.

If you ever need to know anything about laptops, hard drives and phones, well you got the gist, hit up Everett, he's your man. The techie. He's a chick magnet with his rugged features, charcoal black hair and chameleon green eyes that shift to different shades of green depending on how he's feeling. You would never believe the things he could do with his skill that he learned from his parents. His parents work from home as freelancers building and maintaining online websites.

Gage and Everett, I would do anything for them. Anything.

If Gage and Everett is everything that a best friend should be, then Dario is the bane of my existence. I despise him. But it wasn't always like that.

Innocence still flourishes among most at eight. The first note passed to the both of us in class from Layla, the cute girl with curly blonde hair the color of Miss Sherman's purse. "Do you like me? Circle yes or no. I like you and Dario." Passing the note to Dario, he read it and looked at me. I watched as he traced the hearts with his index finger. There was a connection thing between the two of us. We both knew we liked her, so he circled yes, and sent the note back to her. Little did I know, this would be the first of many girls.

At age eleven we entered middle school as sixth graders. Three different elementary schools combine their students and merge into one huge middle school. That's the first time Karlee Wilson, an eighth grade cheerleader, followed me to the outside of the boy's restroom during class time and asked, "do you think I'm pretty?" I couldn't speak. I think I must've been red in the face. She giggled and walked away. I kept my distance from her for the rest of the year. But, she didn't.