Ch-10

I changed into an ocean blue and a pink color short summer gauze dress with spaghetti straps. I found my parents out back in the patio chatting while enjoying a glass of wine.

My dad is a huge fan of MMA and knows of every fight and fighter in the state.

I made my way over to them after pouring myself a glass of juice. I mentioned that Rucker is an up and coming MMA fighter, and was training for a UFC sanctioned fight in two months. 

"I don't think I ever heard of a fighter named Rucker, in the local MMA circle here," dad said, looking a bit perplexed. 

Mom's ringtone, Baby Got Back, interrupted our little family talk. Yeah, my mom thinks this old school rap is the shit. She's the premier event planner in town, and is on-call every day, being the owner. She walked to the flower garden needing a quiet area to chat with whoever was on the other end of the line.

I jumped up when I heard Rucker's car arrive, and my dad said he'll get the door. I think he wasn't sure if this guy was pulling the fleece over our eyes or something. I followed my dad to our front room.

Dad opened the door and came face to face with Rucker. He looked back over his shoulder at me wearing a smirk, and then back to Rucker. "Darius Laclan...?" My dad said.

"That's me." Rucker shared a look with my dad. I raised a brow at them.

"Come inside son," my dad laughed, standing to the side letting Rucker enter. "Hi Darius, I'm Roger Aguilar," he shook hands with Rucker, " my daughter here, calls you Rucker?" 

Rucker's eyes found mine, and he grinned. "Yes, sir. Rucker is my middle name. Family and close friends call me Rucker, but yeah, it's Darius Rucker Laclan." 

That's something I didn't know about him. So it's Darius and Dario. Now I know.

"The MMA fighter." My dads super wide smile spoke tons of words. "How's your training coming around, son?"

"It's coming. Lots of cardio time I'm putting in for the fight. Need to fine tune a few more techniques and holds."

"You look strong and in shape for the fight. Better you than me," my dad said humorously.   

 Dad asked about fight stats, and Rucker brought up my dads sixty-six SS Nova that sits in our driveway.

Not before long mom came back to the patio, and met Rucker. "You both look great together," mom said, her eyes warm and happy. 

"I'll be looking forward to watching you fight and --." I tuned my dad out as he kept on talking to Rucker.  Help mom, I pleaded with my eyes.

"Let the kids go on their way, Roger... I'm sure he'll be back again, and you can talk to him another time," my mom said, trying to appease both my dad and me.

I was thankful that my mom was understanding. We said bye to my parents. Dad told Rucker to come on by anytime. Mom smiled and nodded, "have a good time, kids."

"So what do you think about my dad?" I asked Rucker when we were outside walking to his car.

"He's not bad at all. It's like talking to a fan. Your moms cool. He looked my way, "why, were you nervous that he would interrogate me?" he chuckled, opening my car door.

I shrugged, "maybe...something like that. I didn't know what to expect from my parents. I mean I never brought a boy home to meet my parents, so...yeah." I glanced his way and bit my lip trying to hide my smile.

"Never?"

"Nope. Never."

He glanced at me, "am I your first boyfriend, Summer?" A thoughtful half grin made him look even more good-lookin'. I would never tire of his looks.