High hopes

He bounds into the tent towards me. "Don't do it urie I swear to god I will punch you in the wind pipe" I say putting my hand up, he stops dead. Then wraps me in a hug anyways. "I hate you" I say into his chest where he has smushed my face into. "I still hate you" I say as I wrap my hands around him.

He sighs "Little flake". I growl into his chest. "Sky...?" He looks down at me smiling. "You needed to be up there I have a nack for noticing someone who is so talented they don't even notice it themselves. It's a waste". Which makes me sigh this time. "I'm not wasting it. I'm merely waiting for the right time". He tuts "there is no right time. You just have to go for it".

"I know but..." He covers my mouth with his hand. I scowl at him. "No buts no nuts no coconuts ok?" Laughing against his hand I nod. He hugs me tight once more than releases me. "Come on sky let's go have fun". I roll my eyes as he yanks me along behind him. He pulls me to the stools at the bar. "Two beers please" the bartender nods. "Excuse me one beer. And I'll have a jack, coke" I say looking from the bartender matt to brendon. He shrugs and smiles sheepishly.

He starts humming scrawling on a napkin. "This what you call a good time urie? What happened to don't threaten me with a good time" he blinks and looks up shaking his head. "Lame little flake. So lame." I wink. "I'm here all week urie". He mumbles something and carries on writing. I roll my eyes at him grab my drink and pass into the crowd leaving him at the bar still writing.

"Enzo hey" he wraps me in a hug. "What happened to your shadow". He laughs. "I ditched it a while ago". We start bopping along with the music. Shame it had to be him who was on now. Kendrick smiles my way from the stage. I quickly look away. And dance with Enzo and a couple more who join us.

"You know it's rather rude to leave a friend all alone with no goodbye, no nothing". I internally groan. "Brendon you always seem to appear when I least expect or want it". He clenches his jaw backing away. "Well Miss.Riordan I do apologise for the inconvenience I cause" and he walks away.

What the hell? What happened to little flake. What happened to the banter?

"Brendon! Brendon! Hey urie stop your ass right there. What the hell got into you". He ignores me and continues walking further away. "Urie!". I manage to grip his hand. "Brendon what the hell is the matter with you?". He stops dead refusing to look at me.

I fold my arms glowering at him. "Talk to me brendon". He huffs.  "You just let me when I was trying to do something for you. Like I didn't even matter. Made me feel like shit. I thought you were my friend". He looks down at our hands rubbing mine with his thumb. "I didn't think you cared if I was there or not to be honest urie. You weren't even talking to me. More interested in a napkin, you didn't even realise I left till just now". I catch his hand in mine properly, wrap my arms around him.

"Of course I cared. I was writing something for you little flake. Want to see?". I nod against his chest. I stand back our hands still intertwined. He shows me.

Lights shine down on the night like air that fills my lungs.
The world stops spinning so fast that I can see so clear now.
My eyes see past the glare around the glow.
Oh my soul feels good I'm about to let go.

Tell me do you feel it? Do you feel it though?
The fire burning in your soul, oh how you'll never know.
I'm not alone anymore.

Shadows blur across the sky but I don't care in your smile.
World's spinning fast I don't want to let go now.
Caught in the ember my souls in ever.

Tell me do you feel it? Do you feel it though?
The fire burning in your soul, oh how you'll never know.
I'm not alone anymore.

Tell me can you feel it though? My fire is no longer going out in my soul. Why don't you know?
Your never alone.

Tell me can you feel it? Do you feel it though?
The fire burning in your soul, oh how you'll never know.
I'm not alone anymore.

Tell me can you feel it? Do you feel it though?
The fire burning in your soul, oh how you'll never know.
I'm not alone anymore.

Your not alone anymore.

"You wrote this for me?". I try not cry, it's beautiful. He nods. "I figured we can sing it together on my next record". The paper floats slowly to the ground. He picks it up. "Urie..."
"Don't give me any arguments little flake. No more waiting for the right moment. This is happening. Got that?". Nodding I sigh he pulls me against him as we dance to the next song.

We dance for a while in silence he slips his hand with the song in my pocket zipping it up and pulls my phone out. "Urie what are you doing?" He shushes me. And hands me back my phone.

I look through my phone he put his number in it. Along with a picture of us. "Where did you get this? I know we didn't take a photo today." He smiles taps the side of his nose and says "I have my ways". I shove him playfully. He pulls me into him again, laughing. We dance some more.

"Yo! Brendon we gotta go man. The bus is leaving" dallon shouts across the room. Sighing he pulls me closer kissing my forehead and says bye. Leaving me alone.

A/N the song brendon writes for sky and for a "new record" was written by me. All other songs are property of panic at the disco do not claim them as my own.