Roaring 20's

I slam the curtain shut, shove my clothes back on. I jump off the bunk, run towards the bathroom. Locking the door shut I curl up into a ball on the floor. What the hell was that? Nothing. It was nothing just him getting out of bed. I wash my face grabbing a tooth brush from an unopened packet next to the sink and quickly brush my teeth and then my hair.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"It's occupied" I shout through the door. The knocking continues. "Dude it's occupied.". The knocking gets more persistent and louder. I rip the door open. "I said it's occu...". Brendon marches in slams the door closed. "Excuse me you want to go your going to have to wait. Other people might be ok with this but I'm not". He just sits there in silence, so I go to leave. He grabs my hand and makes me sit down beside him in silence. He just sits there in silence holding my hand. I sigh. "Brendon?" He shushes me. "Let's just sit here for a minute. Please?".

We sit there for a while. "Brendon can we at least stop for some clothes before we get to wherever your taking me". He jumps up and runs to the front of the bus and has a word with the driver. I can't help but smile. He's bonkers and he's mine. Wait no he's not. My best friend is what I mean nothing more. "Well?" I ask shaking my head free of those thoughts. "He says there's a mall not far from here about 30 minutes to and hour away". I start laughing. "What's so funny little flake?". "You couldn't sound more American if you tried". I just burst into a fit of giggles. He starts tickling me as revenge. It's not long before we're on the floor laughing exhausted.

"What's so funny about a mall?". I burst out laughing again. He looks at me curiously. "It's called a shopping centre. Or the shops over here. Mall is so American people say that but just no" I say laughing. He rolls over and tickles me again. Then bounces to his feet and pulls me up. "We're here" he says smiling.  He drags me into the first shop or store as he calls it. "Really gucci?" He shrugs. "What's wrong with gucci?".

"Dude. I can't afford gucci for one and for two I just need clothes not a red carpet outfit". I say trying to pull him towards the rest of the shops. He stays rooted to the spot. "I intend to pay after all I dragged you with me, with no warning". I walk off leaving him there. "Sky! Sky! Where are you going?".
"I'm going to primark? Where us normal people go. I don't need to be paid through clothes for my company I'm not a escort or something". I say angrily. Why is this bothering me so much he was being kind. I stop and turn back to him and drag him back in gucci. "Do you have like multi personalities or something?" He says sullenly. His voice shakes when he says it.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way I just I don't know where I'm going and you've toppled my whole world over. And just expect me to wrap my head around it in seconds. And then last night, it scared me and you were there. You were what I needed in that exact moment, then all of the night you were there for me and now I'm attached, it frightens me so much. Then your buying stuff for me and you invited me on stage I just don't want you to feel like you have to buy my friendship or anything". I say barely able to hold back the tears. His arms close around me. "Listen little flake" he says against my head. "I'm not going anywhere and I'm not buying your friendship I'm just getting you clothes and toiletries cause you only have what you had on you. I'm attached to you too hence why I spent all night with you. I can't bear you not with me. Your my best friend even though I've even known you for a day. And I know your scared of the unknown but I promise i didn't do this out of malice or to buy your friendship. Where we are going is something that you need. Just trust me. Ok?".

I nod crying into his chest before we grab some much needed clothes and other much needed things. Looking through blazers, he tells me he needs for the next show, he puts on a fashion show. Which has us in fits of giggles as he has me try on silly hats while he tries on blazers and we pose doing the Charlie's angels pose. "I stole one of your toothbrushes from an unopened pack I hope you don't mind." He shakes his head. "What do you think?". I say pouting with a pair of sunglasses on. We go back and forth trying ridiculous sunglasses on and hats. The shop employees give us disdainful looks. But we just carry on and leave the shop with a ton of stuff we don't need, as well as stuff we did and head for something to eat.

"What should we eat darling" he purrs at me in as silly voice flicking his hands and shuffling fabulously. I follow suit. "I'm thinking caviar darling" I say flipping my hand back like Audrey Hepburn and pretend to inspect my nails. We start laughing as we stumble into a harvester pub. "A booth please. In the back". I smile shyly at the waitress as she leads us to the back.

"Dark and secluded. You planning on doing a shady deal urie?". He laughs.
"Yes I'm buying some coke. So stay quiet" he looks at me seriously. What the hell? He's not serious is he? Then he starts laughing. I scowl at him and stick my tongue out. "A beer, a jack and coke please" he says to the waiter who walked over at the worse possible moment. I pinch my lips together trying not to laugh. The waiter walks off, and I laugh forward gripping my stomach laughing hysterically. He smiles circling a dark spot in the wood of the table.

"What you thinking about urie?". He hums. Then murmurs an incoherent reply. "Your very pleasant company when your writing something". He winks and grabs a napkin, looks up. I nod and he begins writing. Like he needs my permission. Weird...
"Drinks?" I nod at the waiter. "One jack and coke" I smile as he puts the glass in front of me. "And one beer" brendon merely grunts. The waiter puts the glass in front of him. "Will you be ordering now or do you need a minute?". He says looking between us with a notepad and pen in his hand. "We need a...". Brendon puts the pen down. "I'll have the cheese burger with fries and a side salad please." He says folding the napkin in half and passing it to me. I put it in my pocket before I address the waiter. "I'll have the same but can I swap the side salad for actually no i'll stick with that" I laugh.

He smiles and walks away. "You ok little flake?". He smiles. "I'm fine you ok urie". He nods. "Read the poem please". I unfold it out of my pocket.

The sun flies by like time in a laugh.
And she says the sun never flies it's just the light of your soul.
I smile oh what she doesn't know.
Does it hurt to say I'm just happy holding on for dear life.
You make me feel free dangerously so. But I don't care anymore.

"Brendon...wow this is beautiful". He just shrugs and starts eating. I didn't even notice the food had come.

A/N the poem is written by me.