Chapter 13

Jacen got up the day after, with a plan in mind. He would meet privately with all the ladies, and he would ask them what they would want to do for a date. He would take what they said into consideration, then have dates with each of them in the next few days. He would also have two assignments before his next elimination. They first would have to organize some kind of Drive for coats or books or clothes in groups of 2. Then, they would have to pitch it to the royal family. The next assignment, they would have to write a paragraph about what they think the main duties of the princess and queen are. Then, they would have to read it to the royal family on the Report. How they handled these two tasks would help Jacen decide about the next elimination. 

Jacen called all of the ladies to an empty parlor after lunch, and had them all sit tight for few minutes until their turn. One by one, he took the girls into an adjoining room to talk to them. First up was Amberly Jacobs. Amberly was quiet and timid, but when she needed to, she was open and talkative. Jacen figured that she was just shy sometimes. She was pretty and Jacen found himself attracted to her. She said that she would like an evening walk in the garden, and Jacen wrote that down next to her name.

Next Jacen saw Carlee Woods, Amberly's friend. Carlee, with her long auburn hair, stood out as a sparkling star. She said that she would love to have dessert with Jacen. She said this with a smile on her face, and said thank you as she left. 

Next, Jacen met with Celeste Princeton. She was a startling figure, with her brunette hair cut into a short cut. She was a model, so when she strutted in, Jacen saw everything she wanted him to. Celeste wanted to have a dance with Jacen, so he wrote that down too. 

Then, Jacen saw Hayley Garner. After thanking him for taking her to the fashion show, she asked for a walk in the gardens to talk to him. He accepted, writing that down next to her name. He saw Christine Amber, and she asked for a visit to a museum. Jacen wanted to go, so he wrote that down as well.

Kimberly Watson walked into the room, all smiles, and kindly asked for a dessert with Jacen. The only thing that was off was that her smile didn't match the expression in her eyes. So, Jacen put her on the "to look into" list. Then Jacen saw Nikki Todd. She walked in, and asked for a tea with Jacen before dinner. Then, Kelly asked for dessert with Jacen. 

Next Jayla strutted in a flopped down on the chair as if she had to walk a long ways to get there. She then proceeded to demand a private visit to his room. Jacen politely declined, and then suggested a dessert. Jayla looked like she might decline, then begrudgingly said yes. Then, she marched out the same way she entered. Finally, Emily walked in, all timid and shy, and quietly asked for a walk in the gardens. Jacen said thank you to her, then put his head in his hands. He had no clue who he would send home. He had some ideas, but he wasn't sure how that would go over with everyone. Again, Jacen was lost with no clue about where to go from here.