Chapter 26- Amberly's POV

When I am finally released from the hospital wing, Prince Jacen comes to take me to my room. He walks in and I immediately turn around. Not because I don't like him, but because I like him so much that I can't stand to have him see me when I look so bad. But when he grabs my arm and whirls me around to meet him, his eyes tell me everything, and he smiles playfully.

He asks me if I am okay to walk up all of the stairs, and I say yes. 

We slowly walk up the stairs, me taking about a minute for each stair. But Jacen is with me the whole way and when we (finally) get to my room, he turns to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek and asks if I will be okay to come down for dinner. I say that based on how long it took me to get up the stairs, I'm guessing it would take longer to get down. He then looks at me and says, "Well then, I guess I will be eating dinner in your room." 

"What?" I say.

"I'm eating dinner in your room." he repeats. "Is there a problem?"

"No, I just figured you would rather spend your time with one of the other girls. I mean you obviously won't choose me."

"Amberly." His tone is so playful I look, but his eyes are anything but. "I would choose you over them any day. Just give me the word and this competition will be over."

"I..." I falter. "I need more time to settle in."

"Very well." He stands. "I will see you for dinner madam. Wear your finest."

"Do pajamas count?" I ask playfully.

"If you insist." He answers. He winks, and then steps out of the room, the door closing behind him.