Chapter 1: A Hard Day's Night

Meredith: *wakes up and wraps a blanket around her bare body*
Derek: *lifts up her bra while he is laying on the floor of her living room*
Meredith: *takes her bra from him* This is humiliating on so many levels...you have to go.
Derek: Come back down here. We'll pick up where we left off...
Meredith: You have to go. I'm late. Which isn't what you want to be on your first day of work so...you have to go. *tosses Derek's clothes to him*
Derek: *looks around* You actually live here?
Meredith: No. Yes. Kind of.
Derek: It's nice. Dusty. Odd. But nice. How do you kind of live here?
Meredith: I moved in two weeks ago. From Boston. It's my mother's house. Was my mother's house. I'm selling it.
Derek: I'm sorry.
Meredith: For what?
Derek: You said "was"...
Meredith: My mothers not dead, she's...You know what? We don't have to do the thing.
Derek: Oh, we can do anything you want.
Meredith: The thing. Exchange the personal details of our lives, pretend we care...Look, I'm going upstairs to shower. And you won't be here when I get back. So goodbye...um?
Derek: Derek *smiles and reaches out his hand*
Meredith: *smiles and shakes his hand* Derek. Meredith.
Derek: It was nice making your acquaintance. *smiles*
Meredith: *smiles and waves* Bye, Derek. *turns around and goes upstairs*

—hours into filming the pilot—

"That's a wrap!" the director shouted to the cast as they wrapped the pilot. "See you all tomorrow, filming starts at 6!," Shonda exclaimed. Everyone in the building started to file to their vehicles in the pale moonlight, it was about 11:00 pm by the time they had finished filming. Patrick walked over to his car which was parked beside Ellen's. "Damnit!" Patrick exclaimed. Ellen walked over to her vehicle. "What's wrong?" Ellen asked softly with concern in her voice. Patrick looked over to her and admired her for a quick moment while he tried to collect his words. "I hit your car when I was opening my door, I'm sorry...here is my information," "You don't have to do that," Ellen said looking at Patrick with sincerity in her eyes. "Yes, yes I do," Patrick stated. "It's really no big deal, it would cost less than $200 to fix. There is no need to worry about it." Ellen turned to Patrick giving him a look to assure him. "It's really not," Patrick stated. "Here," Patrick pulls out his wallet and attempts to hand Ellen $200. "There is no need for that Patrick! I really don't need the money!" Ellen exclaimed. "Please take it, Ellen," Patrick said giving her his best McDreamy eyes. "Fine, but I can't promise it will be put towards the car," Ellen said with a slight smirk on her face as she took the $200 from Patrick's hand. "Sit down," Ellen said as she opened the door of her car. "I'm going to take you somewhere," Ellen said with a grin across her face. "Oh yeah, where?" Patrick said with a smile as he sat into the passenger seat of her Range Rover. "You'll just have to see..."