Chapter 13: I'll Look After You

Ellen laid in her bed beside Patrick as the sun woke her from her slumber. It was a beautiful Sunday morning and neither of them had any work to do that day. All Ellen could think about was the completely amazing sex Patrick had provided her with the night before. It only took three nights and he knew everything that drove her wild. Ellen sat up to grab her phone from the nightstand, checking any messages that she may have missed from work.

"Good morning princess," Patrick said as he woke and sat up beside Ellen. "Good morning Paddy." She said smiling over to him, placing her phone down. "How did you sleep?" She asked in a happy tone, she had the best sleep she had in a long time. Patrick put her at ease and made everything calmer. "Great, you?" He asked smiling. "Great." She answered leaning in to kiss him on the lips, softly. Like they were going to do it every day for the rest of their lives.

"El?" Patrick said in a questioning tone. "Paddy?" She asked. "Want to go to the beach today?" He asked smiling at her taking in her overwhelmingly good looks. "That sounds great! I could pack us stuff for a picnic." She answered excitingly, Patrick knew she loved the beach. The way the saltwater smelled, the way the breeze made her hair flowing wildly, the kids playing, she loved everything about it. "Yes, that sounds great. I'm looking forward to seeing my hot girlfriend in a bikini." Patrick said smirking. "Oh shut up!" She said smiling and biting her lips while still sounding aggravated. She then made a quick move to grab a pillow and whacked him with it. "Ow! What was that for?" He said smiling at her. "Your charming little remark. I'm gonna get you, Patrick Galen!" Ellen said whacking him again with the pillow, except this time Patrick blocked it. "I'm gonna get you, Ellen Kathleen!" He said as he grabbed her and held her down. He tickled her and bit her neck. Ellen broke out into loud laughter. "Patrick! Stop!" She said still laughing, begging to be let free. Patrick continued for another minute before letting her go.

As soon as Patrick let Ellen go she hopped quickly out of bed to make sure he didn't try to pull anything. "I'm going to go downstairs and make breakfast. Will you gather the sunscreen and towels, and anything else we may need?" She said looking down at him, his hair was messy and curly but Ellen thought it was adorable like that. Patrick wouldn't let anyone else see him without product in his hair. "Sure, anything for my Ellie." He said smiling. As he stood up she backed away quickly thinking that he might try to tickle her again. "Hey, I just want a kiss El." He said approaching her slowly. She stopped backing away and her lips met his. The kiss was deep and meaningful, they both truly loved each other. Patrick traced Ellen's bottom lip with his tongue asking for allowance. Ellen granted his wish. Their tongues brushed against one another and the kiss came to a soft end. As they pulled their lips apart Ellen looked into Patrick's deep indigo eyes. Patrick looked back into her blue-green eyes as Ellen began to speak.

"Patrick, you have to promise me something." She said as tears began to form in the corner of her eyes. "Oh Ellen, I will do anything for you." He said cupping her face with his warm gentle hands. "Promise that you won't hurt me, promise that even when you're pissed at me it won't bring out violence in you." She said, a tear now running down her freckled cheek. Patrick wiped it away delicately with his thumb. "El...I would never hurt you. You need to trust me on that, I would never lay a hand on you. I love you, Ellen Kathleen Pompeo." He said, a slight smile crossing his face. I love you. Those three words seemed to slide off of his tongue smooth like butter. "You promise?" She asked, her tears starting to subside. "I promise." He said pulling her into an embrace. He hated seeing her this way. He rubbed her head until she felt secure enough to pull away.

"I'm gonna go make breakfast now. Eggs and Bacon?" She asked smiling up at him as she wiped her tears away. "Sounds delicious." He said smiling, Ellen went downstairs to make breakfast and Patrick started to gather what they needed for the beach.