Chapter 20: Can't Help Falling in Love

Ellen's POV:

I woke up to the sound of a knock at the trailer door, I wasn't sure why because we had a long weekend. Work wasn't till tomorrow, it would be my first day back. I stood up an placed my hand on the couch trying to catch my balance. I was nauseous and dizzy but made it to the door. I opened it and found myself looking into a pair of dreamy blue eyes.

"Good morning, El," Patrick said smiling at me, he handed me a cup of coffee exactly how I liked it. He knew me, even if it was just coffee it made me remember why I love him. He remembered the little things and that was sweet. "Thanks, I really needed this," I said taking a sip. "May I come in?" Patrick asked softly. "I mean it's your trailer too. Yes." I answered, he would have to be in here sometimes and I would just have to accept it.

"I miss you, the bed is lonely when you're not in it." He said as we sat down on the couch. "Patrick you're a grown ass man, you can sleep without someone to canoodle with," I said acting annoyed. "Maybe I can, but that doesn't mean I want to." He answered smiling, he leaned over to wipe something off off my cheek. "You had an eyelash, make a wish." He said smiling. "What if I don't have a wish?" I asked, my eyes graying. "It doesn't have to be anything spectacular, wish for something little." He answered brushing a hair back from my face, his gentle touch sent shivers across my body as I blew the eyelash off of his finger. All I could wish for is us. That we would work things out, that he was telling the truth, that we hadn't fallen into love just to fall out of it. I wished for us, for him.

"Paddy?" I said in a questioning tone. "El." He replied. "Do you really love me? Even when I'm broken, or when I'm sick, or when I'm angry at you.." I asked looking down, his hand grazed my cheek as he slowly lifted my head. "Ellie, you could shoot me and it wouldn't change the way I feel about you. I love you, Ellen Kathleen Pompeo." He said smiling into my eyes. My eyes brightened from gray to green. "You aren't lying, you aren't a sociopathic manipulator like Chris?" I questioned feelings tears line my waterline. "I'm nothing like Chris, El I would never hurt you. Especially not how he did." He answered, I felt a tear fall and felt my stomach turn. It wasn't a good stomach turn, I was about to be sick.

I covered my mouth with my hand and ran to the toilet. Patrick followed behind and held back my hair as I spewed into the toilet. I threw up for about 3 minutes before wiping off my mouth and flushing down the putrid-smelling bile. Patrick just sat there and held my hair while rubbing my back the entire time. I walked over to the sink and washed my hands. "Thank you." I thanked him. "Anything for you, like I said. I love you." He replied. I turned around blushing and found myself closer to him than anticipated. I looked up into his eyes and his into mine. I flickered my eyes from his to his lips. I bit my lip before placing my hands on his cheeks and pulled him in. I kissed him passionately, all of the weight on my shoulders suddenly fluttered away.

Patrick's POV:

I decided to deepen the kiss by running my tongue along her bottom lip. She parted her lips allowing me to gain access. Our tongues danced for a few minutes before she pulled away. "Patrick...this doesn't mean that we're okay." She said looking up into my eyes. "I know, Ellie. We will just have to work on it." I replied smiling, she smiled back showing off her pearly whites. Her front left tooth was slightly crooked but she never felt the need to fix it, I thought it looked cute in my opinion. I loved all of her flaws, people are nothing without them. 

"Will you go to dinner with me tonight?" I asked as we sat back down on the couch. "Patrick, you don't have to do that. We aren't okay, I thought we discussed this." She said as she began to twiddle her thumbs, it was one of her nervous tics. "It's just dinner. You'll wear a dainty little dress that will drive me insane, I'll wear your favorite top of mine, and we can talk." I said smiling at her, I watched a light blush across her cheeks as her lips curved into a smile. "Okay, you need to go. I'm gonna have to get ready and I have some errands to run." She replied standing up. 

Ellen's POV

A couple of hours passed before I got back to the trailer. I had to go out to get groceries and run a few minor errands. I put the groceries up and got in the shower. Patrick agreed to pick me up at 7:30, our reservation was for 8 but we knew that the traffic might be boisterous. I ran Patrick's favorite one of my shampoos through my hair, its fragrance emitted lavender. He loved to be able to smell the scent when we would cuddle up on the couch and watch movie or tv show marathons. I craved those nights with him, just us being lost in each others presence.

After I finished with my thoughtful shower I dried my hair and curled it, and I put on light makeup. Exactly how he liked it. I slipped on a tight knee-length red dress an strappy black heels. My mind raced as I thought of what he might wear. I don't know why I was so determined to dazzle him, he hurt me. He should be the one trying to impress. I put on the necklace he had bought for me on our first date. Is this considered a date or just dinner? Will we heal from the havoc in our relationship? My questions were silenced when I heard a knock at the door and a ping on my phone. The text read, "Hey babe, I'm here. <3." It was Patrick.