TEN (Iselen P.O.V)

"Do you need anything else, Lady?"

"No, thank you." I smile at the waitress and she leaves my office quietly with her empty tray: a bowl full of pineapple, strawberry and kiwi chunks is on my desk. I take the fork and throw one bite of fruit in my mouth, chewing it unwillingly... actually, I'm not hungry.

It's been three days since the last time I saw Ruby... in person, I mean. Yesterday she was interviewed by one of those TV channels for women that only talk about expensive clothes and how to make a homemade hair mask. I watched a video on Instagram: she was wearing a very smart white suit and looked gorgeous with her professional make-up, of course she made the whole staff on set laugh hysterically with her jokes. It's amazing the way other people see her, so lovely and funny, when only a selected group of close friends and members of this Club know how cruel and demanding she can be. I wonder how she does it, she has these two aspects of her life clearly separated to make sure they don't interfere... whereas I've been thinking about her for hours when I was supposed to be focusing on my work. Fortunately, I've delegated some of my tasks because otherwise I wouldn't be able to handle all the paper work.

The night I spent in her home... well, actually I passed out in her bed due to exhaustion, it came to an abrupt end when my phone started ringing at 6 a.m. I managed to sleep at least 7 hours, which is a good night's rest according to my standards, but my Dom didn't seem happy although she didn't say a word, just pursed her lips, but she kept her promise of not to interfere with my work. I tried to hide it the best I could but she noticed that I was really sore and the mere fact of putting on my panties and pants felt like a torture for me, not to mention the car ride till I arrived to the Club... it was an agony and tears were running down my face nonstop. After having a shower with icy water, putting on a dress without panties under it and eating some high in calories waffles with chocolate to be able to stand on my feet, I could focus on the new crisis finally: my very expensive cigars from Dominican Republic were stuck at Customs despite having the papers in order. I spent two hours calling some prominent members of the Club to get it fixed but the whole time I was pacing up and down my office, wobbling like a duck, because I couldn't sit down even if I wanted to.

Unfortunately, it was mid-morning when I finished my calls and the Club was fully operational by then so I had to face other problems, meetings, delivery notes to sign, more calls... Ruby was one of those: she wanted to apologize for taking things too far last night. I assured her that it wasn't her fault and to be honest I was paying the consequences of being a stubborn idiot but she wasn't satisfied with my explanation: she's determined to plan all the sessions in advance from now on to make sure I can have a reasonable resting period before going to work. I promised her that I was feeling fine and she should stop worrying, I was going home to have lunch and a nap. The truth is that I couldn't stand it anymore, I was so sore and exhausted that I felt physically ill, and I lied to her: I called an Uber that took me home but I didn't eat and just went to bed... I turned my phone off for the first time in months to make sure that nobody was going to bother me and I slept for 5 hours, then got up to have some dinner, answer some texts and I went back to bed till next morning.

A knock on my door brings me back to reality and I leave my chair after taking another chunk of pineapple, I open it without asking who's there: only my most trusted employees come to my office without an appointment.

"Well, hello there... How you doing? Long time no see..." I swallow the piece of fruit almost chocking on it when I see Ruby leaning on my doorframe wearing black skinny jeans, black boots and a Batwoman T-shirt, smiling amused at my shocked face.

"Hello..." I whisper. "You got a haircut."

"Yes, but just a light trim and some highlights here and there. Do you like it?"