TWENTY-TWO (Ruby P.O.V)

Picture by: Aykut Aydoğdu

"And that's it?" I turn to look at Iselen confused while we leave the store and start walking down Melrose Ave.

"Yes, I guess it is. What were you expecting?"

"I don't know... When you told we that we were going shopping and having lunch it sounded good, although I'm worried about the paparazzi of course, but when we arrived to the Agent Provocateur store I thought that you..." Iselen grimaces in a funny way and I can't help laughing.

"You thought I was going to jump on your body while we were in the dressing room and, I don't know, finger you till you reached the ecstasy muffling your moans with my lips while the assistant was helping other customers?" My girl blushes furiously looking around scared but we're alone on the pavement, she finally nods and shrugs. "I know, I'm able to see everything you think reflected on your face, and that's why I didn't do it... You should know by now that I rarely do what others expect. Besides, surprising you is very funny."

"Okay... now I'm worried about what you've planned for today," Iselen stares at me with squinty eyes while we walk into Crossroads Kitchen where I'm going to buy her a burger and some cannoli filled with vegan vanilla ice cream.

"Nothing at all... Don't look at me like that... I swear: we've been shopping and now we'll enjoy a delicious lunch like normal girlfriends do." The waiter guides us to a table by the window and I look at Iselen while she checks that the curtains are thick enough and I let my bag from the store drop on the red faux leather bench. "Stop worrying about paparazzi, babe, I don't care if they see me with you... Burger with truffle fries?" Iselen nods and I order our food plus a Margarita for my girl because, even if I know she barely drinks alcohol, she needs to relax a little.

I mean it when I say that I don't care if the media finds out that we're together. Members of the Club have been extremely discreet about the activities carried out inside the building for almost 40 years, they have the greatest interest in keeping things like that because otherwise they'd lose their favourite playground, and the former manager was considered a respectable businessman invited to the best houses of the city. It's true that we live in the era of social media right now and anybody can post a picture on the net and ruin a reputation, but Iselen is doing a great job and has earned the respect of old and new members. None of her employees is going to betray her because they adore her and she's been living so hidden for months that no one knows her out of the Club.

That will change soon, of course, most likely today the very same moment we leave this restaurant because there're some paparazzi sitting in the car parked outside in front of the door ready to take pictures, but the only thing they'll be able to find out about her is that she's the manager of a very exclusive club which brings together the owners of the largest fortunes in the world, powerful politicians, artists, actors and models. She must be proud of it and not embarrassed. And is someone eventually finds out what happens inside that building... I'm ready to face the consequences and fight for my right to privacy, I can sleep with whoever I want and on the terms I want. I'll probably lose some contracts and movies but I'm not going to hide and deny that I like experimenting with bondage and I have a very healthy sexual life... like most people have as long as they're open-minded and not backward. I'm not scared of judgemental bitches.

"I didn't think you'd buy something like this." I blink surprised noticing that Iselen is pointing at the bag of the store with one fry. I've got a bit distracted staring at her plump lips and the stripped blue and white shirt, with a low neckline that allows me to see the porcelain pendant hanging from the silver chain. She's also wearing skinny blue jeans and flashy pink flats that made me laugh when I saw her arriving to my house this morning.