5

Younger sister 6
Older sister 8

I wake up one early morning and el is up in her loft that we made. Its nice and cozy up there, she has he own window and a small shelf that she keeps her favorite books in.

I was going to sleep in that that spot cause I made it, but I let her have it.

I sleep in a large bed like window seat; the window I usually keep shaded with orange curtains.

And I have a small shelf located beneath my bed where I keep my books and the other half is used for el and and my clothing.

I Jerk and wiggles the blanket off on my feet and jump out of bed.

I look up to see if she's awake but to no avail she's out like a light.

I leave a note for her :

Dear El,

Going out to sell, gonna get some food and books I'll bring your Back favorite book to re-read

With love, Roe :)

She didn't even budge when I slapped the piece of paper to her fore head.

I ran out to the bookstore first.

'Non fiction, non fiction, non fiction , non fictio- aha! found it! Fiction!'

I searched and scouted until u found it in the fiction section ' modern librah'

(A/N I made up the book title and vaguely based the characters of the story off of a different show. if the story sounds interesting then you look up the series called "sanctuary" it used to run on the syfy channel but I don't know if its still there, try looking it up though.)

It's el's favorite and one of mine too.

It's about a man named Nikola tesla who lives in a futuristic alternate universe compared to ours. It has better cars and and vehicles and even some weird things like machines that let humans fly!

He's a creature called vampire and he friends with a woman names Helen magness and Helen ran an under ground sanctuary for abnormals to live in peace.

I'm sure one of the reasons why we like this books is cause my aunts name was Helen and my last name maness. magness. Maness ? Very similar indead.

(A/N pronounced Ma-ness not Mah ness or men ness it's quick and fluid. )

I quickly pick up an alchemy book that i haven't seen and check it out along with 'modern librah' and hand the man the library card

"Hold on a minute, your not martineal maness!"

'Shit'

"What are doing with your mothers library card-"

"She's dead" I blurted out blankly

"Oh.. im so sorry I didn"

"It's ok"

And with that I walk out feeling a bit sad.

I go to the grocery store and pick up two fresh loaves bread and i got them for free today cause the people know me at the shop.

I set up the trinkets on a bench near the trainstation.

Looking all sad from the librarians comment I sold a lot of trinkets today. plus the fact that today there were a lot of tourists. so they wanted trinkets to remember there trip by.

I came back home and set the bread on the table.

I clinked all the keys together to make a jingle trying to wake Elle up.
I look in her bed to find her missing, I freak out for a split second only to look out the window seeing her looking at rocks and gardening.

I walk out side and tap her on the shoulder to scare her.

"whAO!"

I remember I had the keys and i jingled them in her face.

" In home" I sadly smirk

"You ok ?" She asked me sincerely

"Yea I'm fine Elle"

"Your no-..... " she interrupted her self

"....."

"Im ok really-"

"Shhhhh"

"Wha-" now I'm getting confused..

"Shhhhh" she must of saw something

"There's a deer!" she whispered "that's our dinner!"

"G-get the gun!" I whispered carefully

Way back when we first found this place there was a gun hidden in this cabin , we kept it a secret cause we didn't want our parents to get in trouble for letting their kids play with guns....

But that's not the case any more.

sometimes we find animals in the woods and transmute bullets for the gun and shoot the animal for food.

This time we found a deer and by the looks of it it was a female.

Elle ran inside and grabbed it and threw it at me through the window.

I caught the gun and set it down to make bullets.

I made about 15 knowing my crappy aim.

I quickly loaded the gun and pointed it at the deer, thankfully it wasnt looking at me.

I shakily tried to hold my aim at the head as it moved toward a large thick tree.

It came out from behind the tree with tree tiny fawns.

I felt my eyes sting with tear s. and with the tears I saw my vision blur in and out, I lowered the gun from my cheek and dropped the shot gun along with the extra bullets.

I continued to look at the deer and its offspring as I dropped to my knees in regret.

El soon realized and she stared down as she did too drop to her knees.

"They may be just animals but I don't want any one; no ma what what, to go through what I-we went through." Elle said