8

I feel my self drifting into sleep as the out side world continues on before me spite my eyes closed.

I opened them one last time to see el go up to her bed.

I smiled within my self at the thought of still having someone; at the fact that I'm not alone.

sometimes I just get a little too deep for my self and I get confused on what I want, but I know that I want el to be safe.

"Night" I hear her whisper

I mimic the same words quieter and sleep to the monotone white noise sound of her breathing.
______
___

Day break comes an I kinda wake up and flutter my eyelids open.

"Mornin" I hear el say over the the sound of water in the kettle boiling.

I Jump out of bed and flip the blankets off the floor.

"Whatcha cookin?" I say in a semi serious tone.

"Some soooop"

"Why soup"

"Cause its food"

"But for breakfast?" I question

"I wanted soup"

I laugh at her silly cravings for breakfast soup.

"So what are we gonna do today?"

"I was hoping we could study some alchemy... like the good old days" she talked as she looked as if she was reminiscing.

"yeah I guess"

Curiosity stuck me like and arrow... El never sugested to study, she'd rather cook, clean or garden.

"Why though?"

"What's the matter? I love to study" she countered

"It's just not you elinore"

She was seriously taken aback by the use of her full name instead of her nick name.

I laughed inside do to her shocked face.

"I was always the one to suggest to study! You
Never liked to look things up in books and write them down and all the stuff.
You'd always say 'can we just be done?' or 'let's garden instead" I started laughing in the end to show her I wasn't mad.

She stayed quiet, witch mad me worry.

"El?"

"I'm sorry. I'm just..." She shook her head trying to shaker herself out of it.

"It's ok... just tell me what's on your silly mind"

She gave me a sad smirk

"Silly is right.." she murmured under her breath

"So?" I asked breathlessly as if I was looking at a majestic river. I also let out a small almost invisible smile.

"I've been thinking... ever sense we visited mom...."

"Mmmhhhmm" I hummed

"I also read your alchemy books that you Hid from me... Sorry... but, I saw something... and I remembered that it said in the third alchemy book you had that its possible to. bring .back.the.dead.."

She said those last words cautiously, having a sneeking suspicion that I might be upset. and with her lack of knowledge it hard for her (and not only her but for me also).. But for her to predict what my unknown reaction might be.

The reason I hid those books Is because I was going to transmute mother with out her.. cause they said the cost is huge and the out come is unknown and not worth preforming the prohibited art of the human transmutation.

I don't want her to loose anything.

I'd rather die than have her loose her life.

I'd take a bullet for her.

I laughed in a nervous way only for it to come to a sudden stop. My smile shrunk and I stepped closer to her.

I looked down to my hands avoiding eye contact.

"Look... to tell you
The truth....I was going to do it with out you. so you have every right to be mad at me compared to me being upset at you For reading the books I shouldn't have hid from you
In the first place"

She gave me a soft smile telling me she excepted my apology super fast.

"What the plan?" he gave me an awaiting look as I flashed a confused look at her not knowing where she's going with this.

"W-what do you Mean?"

"Well we both had the same stupid idea.. so how are we going to execute this, as In the transmutation" she explained

My lips formed an O as I I needed to say something.

"We're going to train for probably 7 months to a year" she said interrupting my empty thought.

" Train what "

"Sheesh rory your not stupid! We need to train our brains and it requires books- wait we need alchemy books on human transmutation!"

"So?" I questioned.. she's all over the place today. although who am I to judge when I have no idea what she's saying and she has to explain every thing.

"We can't just go to the library.... "OH IM A YOUNG GIRL WITH MY SISTER AND WERE GOING TO STUDY HUMAN TRANSMUTATION BOOKS FOR NO REASON AT ALL"

"Yeah I understand your point but didn't mom used have some old books in her room? " I remembered she put them in a metal box

" Yeah but that was ages ago the books are probably ready to fall apart."

"Yeah but she put then in a small safe..."

They must have had some meaning to them. she never let me touch them spite me being the older one.

"Ok? but then how do we get to them... our house is falling apart and ready to collapse any minute."

"We're light enough el"

"Phht"

"Are you calling me fat?" I questioned in shock.

"No I'm calling myself fat"
No visible sarcastic-ness was found in her voice surprisingly.

I laughed

"Your not fat el!"

She huffed and ate some more food before clunking out on the bed.

I look out the window to see its about sun set.

"What did we do today? I mean... its already dusk and we did nothing."

" We spent all day talking eating, gardening, and reading" el said

"True.." I sighed

I jumped into my bed like a starfish and laid there until the air became hot and unbreathable do to the pillow in my face so u flipped my self over and looked up at the sky, soon covering my self with a blanket.

"Night" I whisper.

"Night.... roe?"

"Yeah?"

"Lets study hard tomorrow and let's go get those books that mom had"

"Ok, gnight"