9

Older sister 9
Younger sister 7

El grunts as she walks in with a metal tub filled with mason jars , cups and bowls filled with various ingredients.

All making up a human.

"Lets make a human!" el screamed.

I scoffed and retorted " you mean... lets make our mother?"

She smirked and set the tub down. It sometimes it make me shiver at the fact that we can be happy when things are down and be sad when things are going good.

I guess we have become so calloused.

"OneOne..gram..five thirty. six. kilogram. gram" el mumbled indistinctly under her breath.

"Ok!" she said enthusiastically

I had just finished drawing the circle on our basements rock floors as she said that. El poured the ingredients into the middle of the circle and We stood back as I whipped away a cold sweat drop.

we dusted our hands marveled at our years worth of work.

Sadly my birthday was last month and Elle's was two months ago so we had to spend it alone , and her present was the gift of no mother and 'studying' !

"Roe?"

"Hmm?"

"These are the ingredients that the people that failed said they used... shouldn't we-"

"Add something of our own?" I interrupted her

"Yeah"

My lips Pierced and I looked around. My eyebrows furrowed and I raised them as soon as my eyes snagged on a lone jar of hair, don't know why we kept it. it was our moms hair.

I grabbed it and held it up a bit to show el.

"Why do we have this thing?" I questioned

"I don't know.."

"It was moms but why did we bring it from the house?" She continued

I shrugged "maybe cause its cool looking?"

"I highly doubt that but.. Whatever.. just stick it In the circle." I said impatiently

"Ok" she said in her sweet tone

"Thanks" I tried to redeem my unruly uncalled for attitude

"You ready?" she asked as she finished putting the locks of hair in the circle

"One more thing"

I sprinted to the wall and grabbed a knife from the table and slit my pinky finger to draw blood.

I grabbed el's hand and caught her squirming finger, she decided to look away as I slit it.

"All done"

We held out our fingers over the middle of the circle and waited till the blood was ready to fall.

I sighed and felt a familiar sad empty feeling.

My eyes blurred but went back to their usual vision.

We gave each other a reassuring nod telling me that we were ready.

I clapped my hands together and put the palm of my hands on the cold unforgiving dusty grounds on witch the the forbidden human transmutation circle lay, drawn by yours truly.

I flicked my vision over to el; her hands were pinkish do to slapping them down on the floor hard.

The blue light was beautiful, it was always my favorite part of alchemy.

The blue light faded to a dim green as the light flew across the air like ribbons it created a small wind that blew our hair around in a dramatic way.

I kept pushing the energy out of my body and into the circle. Every time I felt weak , I just thought about my mother and my sister and how happy we would be when we succeed .

The light bursted in to bright colors making it hard to see the ingredients we put out in the middle.

All of a sudden the air that was pushing out wards there fore fluttering our hair softly changed to the complete opposite. everything in the room was being sucked into a red hole.

The room became darkened with red shadows irrupting every where as if evil spirits of small children where toying with us.

The middle of the transmutation circle was so bright I reverted my eyes to look at el so my vision won't fail me.

"RORY! RORY! RORY!" her sudden hoarse scream rang through my ear drums over the loud sound of the air whooshing around.

She removed her Hands from the circle and stared at them in horror as she tried to shake off the tiny black hands that started to drag her body into the scary abyss that we called at one point a floor.

I stared grimly with wide eyes as I tried to to stand up only to fall do to and up set balance. I look down slowly to see my leg was gone. I couldn't stand so I just reached for her hand as she screamed my name loudly in pure fright.

Her legs kicked and her arms grabbed. the long dark hands started to chip off her body bit by bit untill she would no longer exist. I reach my hand further and further and just as our fingers met I felt an aura surround me telling me I could save her. I reached further but to no avail she jerked back and disappeared with in a split second.

I could still hear her voice yelling at me... the ear piercing scream that came through her lips.

I shivered in fright like a child that just took a bath and is cold.

The room was silent.

I realized that she was really gone...I put my hand down that was still reaching for her and brought it up to my lip to attempt to stop my self from shaking. but it's no use.

Tears wanted to stroll merrily down my cheek but I stopped them.

I rested my fore head on the rock hard floor feeling the coldness that's called life.

"Elle" my rusty voice deprived of moisture tried to say.

"EL!" I screamed louder

My head twitched back and forth looking for her. I couldn't see much thanks to the immense fog.

Thankfully I was near the stair well. I took a look underneath to find a small doll. not what I needed.

I took a deep breath as if it would help my anxiety. Sadly not .

I tensed my shoulders a thought for a moment.

"What can I do"

I rose my available hand that wasn't propping me up to my head in deep thought.

"Oh-"

I nearly scoffed

I remembered that you could bond souls. hopefully I'm not too late.

I crawled as fast as I could but stopped to cringe when my open wound snagged on a pebble.

I reached the porcelain doll and propped my self up with my elbow to give me two hands to pop open the dolls head.

I shoved my hand into my pocket and pulled out everything I had.

"Junk junk junk junk-MORE SHIT!" I whispered

Aha! chalk

I took the chalk and thankfully my hand fit on the neck part of the doll.

I drew the circle in side the torso of the doll.

I drew the circle then within the circle I drew the sign for 'world' aka 'created' and with in it I drew a hook looking squiggle representing soul

"Created soul" I whispered

(A/n all that I mentioned about the the same transmutation circle that's on al is true.. The two ribbon looking lines that cross each other mean created, creation, or world and the squiggle means soul.. I know a really good amount of alchemy)