Chapter 30

"Hello, Matt. Yeah. I found Jimmy."

"Arin? Why are you calling me this late? You found Jimmy? Who's Jimmy?"

Arin stunned hearing that voice. He looked at his caller ID and saw that he had mistakenly dialed his girlfriend's number instead of Matt.

"Uh, Ann! Sorry, I thought I was calling Matt. You go back to sleep now. I'll hang up."

"Arin, do you still believe in that bullshit Matt told you? A dead person coming back from grave. Seriously?"

Arin sighed heavily and rubbed his neck. "I don't wanna fight right now Ann. Just go back to sleep."

"How many times do I have to tell you, stop being so naïve, baby! They are fooling you into this insane theory and you believe them blindly. Stop mixing with them, babe."

Arin shut his eyes in anger. His fingers curled up into a fist. He couldn't take her badmouthing about his friends anymore. Yes they were vulgar and rough but they were also the kindest group of people he'd ever met. They were the ones who supported him through thick and thin during his first moments of becoming the band member.

"Fuck it, Ann. Just don't start tonight."

"I'm just stating the truth, Arin. You deserved to be in a better band with better crowd. These guys will tear you apart-"

"SHUT UP! Just fucking shut up okay, Ann?! They are my friends and family! I'm gonna stay until the day I die and came back as a ghost like Jimmy! If you don't like it, you can go fuck yourself!"

He hung up the phone with trembled fingers. That was the first time he ever yelled at her during their 2 years relationship.

"Well, I guess I'm single now."

He buried his face in his palms for a while before realized that it was way too late and he needed to pack for Vegas. Not forgetting to copy the recording of Jimmy's voice earlier, he decided to hold on to it and just let the secret stayed between him and Jimmy.

*******************************************************************************************************

Vegas' street was lively, and colorful. Almost every sign were made from neon lights and they flashed brightly passed Blake's view each time she landed her gaze on them. She wasn't talking much ever since the day Jimmy went missing and the band including the twins had done everything they could to cheer her up. She couldn't thank them enough, these beautiful and kind strangers. They went into her life and stayed just like Jimmy barged into her heart and refused to leave.

"Hey, how are you doing?"

Blake glanced up and saw the warm and friendly gazes of green eyes that belonged to Zacky. He was always there to bring her to life and he even offered his bunk to share with but Michelle and Valerie forbade it.

"Hey, Zack. I'm fine."

Zacky took a seat next to her and they both gazed out the window while the massive bus was still moving on.

"Have you ever been to Vegas?" Zacky started.

Blake smiled politely and shook her head.

"Shame. You should've come sooner. Anything can happen here. It's basically a sin city."

Blake frowned at him. Zacky blinked fast and mentally kicked himself. Why would he say something about sin to someone as innocent as her? He scratched his neck and let out a nervous cackle.

"Uh, what I meant to say is, you're gonna see Matt lose control while playing poker, Brian dancing on the table, and the twins going to strip clubs."