Chapter 8

Blake finally landed in LAX, and the first thing she worried about was; where the hell is she going to find a place to stay? She grunted at Jimmy who eagerly looked around for his friends to come out from the arrival hall. She hadn’t had that much money on her, and the living cost in California was a lot higher than in her town.

In the hall, there were a bunch of people waiting, with their cardboards held up high. Blake read them all. Funny they all waited for the same person named A7X.

What kind of a name is A7X? She thought to herself.

She glanced over at Jimmy. While in the plane, Blake didn’t have the chance to talk to his friends because she was poor. She can only afford a seat in economy class while the whole bunch of Jimmy’s friends was all the way in the business class.

Flying was also a frightening experience for her. She shut her eyes and held on to her seat during the flight. Jimmy stood beside her all the time, his cold hand held on to her wrist when he saw her struggling with her fear of flying. She didn’t have the strength to fight from his touch so she just let it be.

“I know I promised to help you but you gotta understand something. I’m broke.”

“I know that.”

“So I can’t stay here long. I’ll tell them your messages and then I’ll be home first thing, okay?”

Jimmy shrugged. “Okay. Whatever you say.”

“Now where are they?”

“Wait here.” Then off he went teleporting somewhere else. Blake hated when he did that. She looked over at those people who were waiting for the strange person named A7X. They all wore black, have pretty much the same kind of edgy haircut and black eyeliner drew on each of their eyes.

They looked a lot like Jimmy and his friends.

Are they…his fans?

“They’re coming out now.” Jimmy suddenly appeared beside her and looked a bit taken aback at the crowd of swarming fans who screamed when his friends started to walk out of the hall.

“Wow, since when did we become this popular?” Jimmy said to himself.

“So, what do I do now?” she asked, looking up at him.

“Aim for that spiky haired guy. He’s my childhood friend.” He leaned down and spoke next to her ear.

Blake nodded and marched forward, though she felt shiver with Jimmy’s cold presence being so near her.

Oh shoot, I don’t know his name! What should I call him?

She wiggled through the crowd of screaming fans towards the spiky haired guy.

“Sir! Sir! I have a message for you sir! Please hear me out!” she yelled. Never in a million years would she imagine herself shouting at someone so famous, in an airport like this, within a crowd of people.

Brian ignored her, but smiled to the other fans. He stopped occasionally to sign something from them.

“Say you have a message from Jimmy.” Jimmy appeared beside her and whispered to her ear. She gasped. That cold feeling rushed over her again.

“Sir! I have a message from Jimmy!”

Brian looked up. His eyes searching for that voice. His brows frowned; eyes narrowed trying to find the owner of that voice.

Blake wiggled even further with her arm raised.

“Sir! Mister! I have a message for you! From Jimmy!”