Chapter 1: A Poppin' Encounter

One week later

(Y/N)'s POV

I walk over towards the glass door and flip the sign to show 'Open'. I've been working here at Live House CiRCLE for a week and I must say that it has definitely not been as bad as I thought it would be. Rika and Ayase are in the back fixing up the studio while Marina stands at the front desk. I take a seat at one of the tables in the lobby and check my phone for any text messages. Marina then broke the silence.

Marina: You've been working here for a while now, huh? How are ya finding it?

(Y/N): For my first job, it's been very interesting and more fun than a normal job would be. 

Marina: That's very great to hear! You've been a huge help!

What I told her was the truth, too! It's gotten me more familiar to this city and its people. Everyone is so full of personality.

Marina: But, if we don't get customers, the event may become a failure.

I looked at her dumbfounded. An event? What?

(Y/N): Uh.. What do you mean by event?

Marina: Oh that's right, you weren't here because you were... late. 

(Y/N): I'm sorry! My alarm didn't go off!!

That was a lie. It did go off, I just chose to ignore it thinking I could get five more minutes of sleep.

Marina: Haha. It's fine. Anyway, an event is being held to help give girl bands exposure, and experience. They'll come here to play live whether they're pros or amateurs! 

(Y/N): That sounds great! I'm sure everyone will have fun.

Marina: The only problem... is we haven't had a single band sign up yet.

My heart sank when I heard that. Oh great, this is gonna be stressful. After all of my work at CiRCLE and a band hasn't even walked through the door??

Marina: Even if we aren't the most famous place in the world, the owner thinks it's our opportunity to get our name out there as well! She's really counting on me to-

Marina was cut off by a girl entering from the glass doors. She had purple eyes and brown hair in the shape of... cat ears?

 cat ears?