Chapter 8: A Wooden Katana

The Next Day

(Y/N)'s POV

Right now, I'm on my lunch break. I should be eating and relaxing. You know... that's kind of what 'lunch break' means. But, today I found something in the studio while cleaning it up. Not an instrument, it was a wooden sword. Yeah, I have no idea why, but it was there. Marina saw me find it and demanded that I return it to its owner. Seriously? Who does she think I am, some sort of genie? Anyway, as you could guess it: in a turn of events, I'm on this ridiculous mission to return the sword.

I'm waiting at the station for a train when I'm approached by two people.

Kokoro: Good morning, (Y/N)!

(Y/N): Morning.

Kaoru: What do you have in your grasp?

(Y/N): Oh, this? It's a sword.

I show them both the wooden sword as they begin to observe it. Kokoro began to speak out loud, full of energy

Kokoro: Cool!! Are you out to kill someone!?

Great. That little outburst earned us a couple of stares from the people at the station. Some of the looks told me things like, 'I will not hesitate to call the police.'

(Y/N): No!! No, I am not! I would never kill someone!

I tried to say that as clear as possible and loud enough so that everyone around us understood me.

Kaoru: Then why do you have such sturdy weaponry in your possession? I would most definitely consider it, very 'fleeting'.

(Y/N): Uh.. it's wood.

Kokoro: I like wood.

Um.. what?

(Y/N): ... Excuse me? Please tell me you haven't finished your thought.

Kokoro: Sakura trees have wood and I like sakura parties. So, that must mean I like wood.

(Y/N): Uh... okay.. How does that..? Never mind. Thanks for justifying, at least... Anyway, I'm just trying to return this to its owner.