Chapter 22.5: Sparkling Starlit Sky

(Y/N)'s POV

Guide: ...And that'll conclude the tour for today. If you stay awake later, you will be able to see a meteor shower!

Kasumi: Ooooh~!

Guide: It will be a once in a lifetime event! So make sure you watch the sky! We hope you'll join us again!

The guide waves goodbye to us and the rest of the tourists before leaving into the tour center.

(Y/N): What did you guys think about the tour?

Tsugumi: It was pretty interesting. I didn't know there were this many stars in the sky!

Hina: Living in the city kinda blocks your view of the stars. That's why we don't see that many at where we live.

Tsugumi: Really? Wow, Hina-senpai! You seem to know a lot about astronomy.

Hina: Actually, I'm in our school's astronomy club with Kokoro!

Ran: Aren't you to in different schools..?

Kokoro: Yeah, but that doesn't stop us. We're actually the only ones in the club... so why don't you join us, Ran??

Ran paused and gave an expression that showed she was trying to make up an excuse.

Ran: ..Uh... I-I usually need to.. help my dad at the flower.. shop... So I won't be able to attend the club at all.

Flower shop? I could've sworn she said it was a flower arrangement school. Someone's definitely making up a fake excuse.

Hina: Aw... How 'bout you, Tsugu-chan?

Tsugumi: I'd love to! ...but I have the student council to attend. The members there really depend on my help.

Kokoro: What about you, (Y/N)? Can you join the astronomy club??

(Y/N): Eh?

As you could tell, I wasn't ready for her question.

Ran: Kokoro, we attend all-girl high schools. I don't think either school will allow a guy to join your club...

Honestly, she could probably ask the suits and they'd figure out a way.

Hina: Kokoro-chan, why don't you ask one of the suited people? Maybe they could persuade the teachers!

Way to take the words right out of my mouth...

(Y/N): Even so, I don't think I'll-

Kokoro: (Y/N), have you ever been part of a school club?

Did she just cut me off? Actually, I've grown accustomed to it. But her question made me think.

(Y/N): Actually...