Chapter 4

Double update! 😘
Remember to comment plz 🖤

"But dad!" Damon whines like the child he was while I ran my hand through Caspar's fur aimlessly. A smirk laid comfortably on my lips as I watched the two.

"Damon, I swear to Goddess if you yell one more time in my Goddamn ears, I'm going to kill you." Po replies through grunted teeth.

"It's not fair!" He continues before sending me a hateful glare. I just send him an air kiss that makes his eyes glow. "He gets to go beyond borders- why can't I?!"

"Damon." Julian says, butting in before his mate could kill their son. "We've been having this discussion for a week now and our decision is final."

"But h-"

"Damon." He snaps and Damon shuts his mouth close. "You are not going pass the pack borders- end of story."

Damon's lips press into a thin line and his fists clench tightly at his sides. He remains quiet and so does the rest of the family who were all sitting outside on the grass.

Everyday around lunch or in the late afternoon, our parents took an hour or two out of their busy pack schedules to spend with the family. Some days we just ate at the table, watched a movie, or went for a group run- today we were chilling in our backyard with the large trees that mostly shaded us from the sun.

Josey was doing Hagen's English homework while he gave her a foot massage as payment. Hagen was too stupid to realise she had finished five minutes after he started pressing his thumbs into the soles of her foot and was now just twiddling the pen between her fingers.

Peter laid on his stomach, his nose buried in a book with his legs crossed behind him. His hair was tied back in a loose bun with a few strands cascading at his cheeks.

Damon was the only one standing, kicking at the dirt as if it were its fault that he was being denied his wishes.
He towered a couple feet above our parents, who laid wrapped in each other arms. Po's head was tucked comfortably under Julian's chin, their arms and legs completely intertwined. Both were looking at Damon, completely unimposed by his height advantage.

Me- I was sitting with my legs folded under me, my fingers buried in Caspar's fur, providing him with the love and attention he'd been deprived of for far too long.

Damon opens his mouth to argue once more but I beat him to it with the intention of grinding his gears just a little bit more.

"Damon," I start as sympathetically as I could, his head snapping to me, "one day, when you're older and perhaps a little more mature, you'll be able to go beyond daddy's back yard. Don't worry little one, your time will come." I finish with a smirk while his eyes light with fire.

I've told you a hundred times over and I'll tell you again - Caspar starts watching Damon warily. They say don't poke the bear, I say don't poke the Demon.

"Levi, don't taunt him." Dad warns and I apologize wordlessly.

"This is favoritism!" Damon accuses and Po rolls his eyes so far back, I swore they'd get stuck.

"Kid seriously, shut the fuck up." He groans angrily. Before Damon could respond he turned to Hagen quickly. "You. Entertain me."

"Entertain yourself old man." Hagen shoots back and everyone snickers.

"Josey, princess, please tell me you've got something interesting." He says, completely ignoring Hagen's response.

"Sorry grandpa, I've got nothing." She says with a shrug and Aiden looks doubtfully to Peter. All eyes draw to Peter who is too engaged in his book to realise. When he eventually realizes it's far too quiet, his eyes raise just above the edge of his book. He glances around briefly before gripping the book tighter.