Chapter 3-Raven is that you?

I wake from my dream startled and sweaty. The room has an uneasy feeling that knows me off my bed as I tumbled onto the floor. All around me are flashes of red and the temperature in the room heats up profusely.

"Raven!"

It's my dad I run into his arms and cry into his chest. My muffled sobers are covered up by him. I'm so scared and afraid I don't notice the presence of someone outside my window.

"It's okay Raven Daddy is here, daddy's always here for you don't be afraid it was just a nightmare." His voice soothes me as I begin to back away. "Now go back to sleep, sweet dreams sweetheart."

My dad escorts me to my bed and gently closes the door. The room returns to it's normal state and I slip back into my bed. I toss and turn but no matter what I can't go back to sleep. I don't want to go back to sleep.The scratches on my window don't help much, I pull the covers over my head and shut my eyes tight. What a witch I thought to myself.

When my tortured night comes to a close I dart out of my room to be greeted with the shine of the bright rised sun. Luckily it's Saturday and I'm free for a couple hours before I go to my singing class.

I guess you could say singing is just my escape. Of course you might call me good, but let's just say I'm only a good beginner aka rookie. I'm not at all professional but I try the best I can. I can't call singing a passion but like I said, an escape.

Escape from what? Embarassment, frustration, failure and a whole lot of bad nightmares. You can also say from last night that is was expected to be woken into a blaze of fire, it happens a lot. But whatever happened last night happened last night and that's that.

"Raven?"

"Yes mom?"

"I need to drive Kai to the library today, we might be a while considering in this city traffic is really bad." NO kidding once I was standing at the subway for a half hour and the bus that came was so full I just walked home. At least I wouldn't have to if this place wasn't full of a bunch of lazy bums. Yeash, ever person I know either buses or drives.

"Can you-actually are you comfortable taking the bus." Unfortunately I was drinking something at the moment and it just all came out.

"WHAT!? Mom why can't Kai just go later?"

"Because I have my project due and my partner is going to a wedding tomorrow so we need to make the most of today... Anyway, Raven your singing can wait can it, that is if you can call it singing."

"What I'm going to wait until you get yourself into college or University for Math? I don't think so. And my singing is perfectly find thank you very much!"

"It's Science Raven! Science, I want to be a pharmacist! Anyway at least I know what I want to be, unlike you who's probably going to end up being some bum on the streets!" Oh the nerve he has! You know Raven he does have a point. He has no point, he can't nose into my business and tell me what to do and foresee me future! Rephase, MY FUTURE!

"Why you-"

"WILL YOU BOTH STOP YOU BICKERING! What are you 5? Your father is still sleeping thanks to your little fiasco Raven! And Kai you shouldn't be procrastinating! And Raven show some self-control that's the end of it." OH my god what is this I'm dealing with. Aren't we taught to defend ourselves, I just want to punch that Kai! Grrrr!

"What are you guys doing now?!" Oh dear dad's up! We messed with the wrong beasts.

"Look you woke up your dad!" My mom has this habit of tattletailing and so this is what happened. Kai and I were both given a 1 hour lecture. At which I was already late so I didn't even get a choice. But in punishment Kai wasn't much better. Kai was told to call his friend and tell him they would just have to ask for more time. Yeah like that was going to happen. Your probably wondering why I'm not on an all time laugh mode. Well that's simple, Kai and I are sent to our grandpa's for some mature, "bonding time."