Chapter 19-Trick or Treat

october 31...

i... i can't or i won't. 

I watched my steps as I tried to make little noise.

Keira was staring down at the young man and I couldn't believe in a one way street. I knew that once we made it out of here, if we made it out of here their was no turning back. I had two options and I could only see one. How?

I refused to stay.

 "Where do you think your going?"

I was slammed into the bars of the jail and Xavier quivered at the pain. Was it my pain? No it was his pain. 

I tried to move but I think something got injured during the fall. Wait...

I realized that these people, how could Keira possibly recognize them? They were all the same. But, their powers, whatever the symbol seemed to define them!

Xavier didn't find Keira because he happened to.

He heard her!

The dark look when I started burning with fire and rage! He couldn't stand it. Keira turned to me to see if I was okay. Sympathy and empathy flooded her face and I could see she cared in her own particular way.

Raven...

You know how humans have 2 options. To flight or fight.

To me, it only seemed I was weak enough to run. But strong enough to stay. 

Right now... I didn't know what I wanted to do.

I didn't know how I wanted to do them

I was a single person wandering the rooms of a jail and that was my fate.

To die

I got up and closed my eyes. Then I watched as Keira turned back to him.

"You'll pay!" Rage and anger flooded her delicate features as she transformed a whirlpool of water. I could feel the amount of energy just raging at us right now. Her eyes glowed with light and the blue highlights appeared in her hair.

Then her amulet shattered and I jumped.

Xavier wasn't fazed.

He swiftly jump up on the wall and kicked the window open disappearing outside. 

Keira's waves were surrounding more of the room every second. My eyes widened  and the force sent me flying. I shut my eyes waiting for the impact. 

I splashed into a pool of water and sunk at least an inch into the wet soiled grass.

Springing up I watched Keira fly through the door. She wasn't through.

She gathered the water from the soil and around us tree withered and fell into ash and dust.

Xavier took up a handful of metal shards and I felt my pulse going up. Run NOW!

I ducked into a tree. I couldn't think, my mind was completely blank.

I watched Keira transform the water into blades of ice. White like the moon. 

Shutting my ears and eyes I couldn't watch. If anything, blades were the worst fights I saw in my life. Movies scarred my mind and now it was real life!

S

O

S

The sound of blades and ice slided and I couldn't stop my pulse. My heart was racing and my hands were cold and sweaty.