Chapter 39

*Calla's P.O.V*

"S-sorry" Lumabas na ako sa opisina niya at napalakas at pagsara ko sa pintuan.

Kinagat ko ng mariin ang labi Sa puntong magdudugo na Ito. Di ka iiyak. Di pwede.

Nandun lang ako sa gilid ng pintuan nakatayo, yung likod ko nakatapat sa wall na katabi ng opisina kaya kitang-kita ko kung may lalabas sa may pinto.

At meron nga.

At siya yun.

Kinom-pose ko ang sarili ko bago ko siyang harapin. With a big, fake smile.

"Hi Sir!" I mentally patted my back for not stuttering. Good Job, Calla. Kita ko yung gulat na lumagpas sa kanyang mata bago niya itaas ang kanyang kilay.

"Do you have any problem, Ms. Caliyah?" He's amused. Freaking amused. Pero hindi ako magpapakabog.

Still wearing my smile "What? Noo! Don't be silly. I just left immediately so you could have some quality time" Ang bawat salita lumalabas sa bibig ko parang lason na dinidura ko.

I'm fvcking affected.

His eyes delivered another emotion I couldn't recognise and that's it. His back to blank face.

At bago pa siya makasagot, saktong lumabas si lintik kasama ang bata.

"Baby, is everything okay?" Masusuka, mandidiri, magpapakamatay ka sa boses niya peke na kala mo lumunok ng isang damakmak na asukal. But sweet things tend to be dangerous.

"Imelda, go inside" Diin na sagot ni ash.

"But -"

"GO." Napalingon si 'Imelda' saakin at halos makita ko na ang mga kutsilyo na lumilipad patungo saakin.

Pumasok na ulit siya at, realtalk ang gaga niyang ina. Kasi naman hinatak niya ng medyo marahas ang anak niya papasok sa office. Walang kwenta.

Naramdaman ko ang pagtitig niya saakin kaya kung saan ako tumitingin pwera lang sakanyang mata. Narinig ko ang kanyang malakas na buntong-hininga.

"Are you asdfghj" Ano?

*Ashton's P.O.V*

"Are you jealous?" I whispered the last part since it's inappropriate to ask that question when I already have a girlfriend.

Yes.

Imelda is my girlfriend and we have a daughter. But our relationship only circulates around Mira, our daughter.

Imelda wanted to get married with me. And she mention it always. Maybe 5 times a day. But I can't, I'm already married. I still have my wedding ring hidden as a necklace below my clothes.

I know I did stupid things when I was wasted. And this is one of them. Don't get me wrong, Mira is cute and all but her mother is not what I imagined to had carry my children. It was always just her.

So it was hard accepting Mira. I decided today to give it a shot and take them to the park and maybe due to panic I called Caliyah. Fvck. That girl would be the death of me.

Caliyah is Calla. But she showed signs she isn't. She was more straightforward now. She held her head high. She was more of a silent person. Caliyah rarely smiles. Calla smiles all the time.

She changed.

But Calla's dead.

She's a hope-crusher.

***

After I asked her the question which I'm not sure if she heard, her eyebrows just furrowed in confusion.

I took that chance to end our conversation and explained that we were going to the park.

Her eyebrows went deeper in confusion and it took all my will power to not touch her forehead and make her relax.

And now we're in a park. With a mat spreaded out and the three of us - Imy, Mira and me - sitting on it. Caliyah said she would be around but I knew she just saw this as a family picnic.

I gave her the job of taking pictures so that she would not be mistaken into sonething else with this sudden call.

But in the car ride, the 4 of us sat in very uncomfortable silence. Mira was a talkative girl and I wondered why she hadn't talked to Caliyah.

My guess was she was brainwashed by her mother.

Speaking of Imy, she keep on glaring at Caliyah and I had this sudden urge to poke her eyes out.

Imy brought exactly 3 sandwiches and 3 juices. I wanted to share mine with Caliyah but Mira begged that if I don't want it anymore she could have it. I'm a rude person, yes. But she's just a child.

Sometimes I caught sight of her but because it's Saturday, she was swallowed by the crowd.

Mira looked happy. Imy is pleased. And I don't know what I would feel.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and my instincts perked up. But thankfully, it's just Caliyah.

"One last shot. Pwede niyo po bang tanggalin ang suit at necktie niyo" I realized I was still on my suit. Woah. The pictures would look so bad.

I hesitantly removed my suit jacket and loosen my necktie. My eyes darted to Imy and she was looking at Caliyah with a murderous look in her face.

I loosen my necktie and looked at Caliyah who was adjusting her camera. When she was done, she looked at us and squinted her eyes on me.

She motioned to take off my tie. And I did. I even unbuttoned the first two buttons in my shirt.

I felt uncomfortable looking at the camera so I turned to Imy which is now looking at me.

I then imagined Calla. Her long dark brown hair. Her hazel eyes. Her bright smile. Her simple yet pretty dress. It was her. She's here.

I felt a smile crept up on my face just like the smile on her face. She's stunning.

*Click*

___________________

*Nosebleed*

-MissIAx

Unedited