Chapter 2

Tee's POV

It's a good thing that I had chosen to drive myself to P'Tae's place instead of clinging to his waist on his motorcycle.  The close proximity would have been a mixture of torture and pleasure to me.

I found a space to park my car in the visitors parking lot of his apartment building.  When I walked into the lobby he was there waiting for me.  He pressed the button outside the elevator and when it opened he waited for me to step inside and then he followed suit.

"How's Nancy?"  I asked, to make conversation as we waited for the elevator to bring us to the floor of his unit.  Nancy was his childhood sweetheart who was every guy's dream and fantasy.  I wasn't surprised that he had managed to make her stick to him all these years.  He himself was a drop dead gorgeous hunk who was every woman's dream and fantasy.

He rubbed the back of his neck before answering.  "We had a little bit of a falling out." 

"Why?  I mean, you don't have to answer of course."

He shrugged and at that moment the elevator opened and I did not pursue the topic.

His unit, although it was just a studio type, was very spacious.  He motioned for me to sit on the luxurious brown leather couch while he went to his fridge and brought out two bottles of beer.  He laid them out on the table and went to the cabinet above the kitchen counter top and brought out a container of mixed nuts.   He brought both beers and nuts over to me and sat down beside me.

"There's a newly released action thriller movie that I've been wanting to watch.  You wanna watch it with me?" he asked.

"Sure,"  I replied.

After making a few taps on his iPad the movie appeared on the screen and we sat back to watch it as we took turns dipping into the container of mixed nuts and sipped our beer.

The movie was about a retired NY cop who was targeted by a mysterious woman to find a key witness to a murder.  He has to act fast or his family would be killed, but if he finds the witness he gets to keep the hundred thousand dollars that he was instructed to take out of a secret compartment in the commuter train that he takes daily to his job in the city.

It was a fast paced gripping thriller that kept your eyes glued to the screen.  We were both just  getting the mixed nuts from the container without looking at it because we both did not want to miss any of the action.

We happened to reach out simultaneously for the container and his hand landed on mine.  I withheld my hand quickly.  Without taking his eyes off the screen he placed the container on my lap.  "You can have the rest of it," he said.

By the time the movie ended it had grown dark.  I stood up to take my leave.  "Thank you for..."

He remained seated on the couch and interrupted me with "Are your parents gonna look for you if you were to stay the night?"

"I don't live with my parents,"  I said.  "Oh yeah I forgot."  he said.  "So, stay the night?  We could binge watch all the movies we want or we could play video games," he offered.

"Okay, I guess,"  I replied.  "I had nothing planned for the rest of the evening anyway."  I tried to sound nonchalant but my heart was pounding in my chest.

"Great," he said, and bounded to the refrigerator to get more beer.

"Would you like to have dinner first?" he asked.  "I can heat the food that my mom brought me and then we can binge watch.  What do you think?"

"Sounds like a plan,"  I agreed.