Chapter 11

A/N:  I would like to express my gratitude once again to everyone who has been faithfully following this story and voting and commenting on it.  You are all my inspiration and encouragement to keep this story alive.

Tae's POV

I noticed that right after the fan meet Tee had slipped away without saying good bye to me.  I wondered where he was off to in such a hurry.  I thought of texting or calling him but would he even answer.  I really wanted to talk to him.  I decided to drive over to his apartment building and wait for him to return there.

I had alternated between sitting on the couch in the lobby and pacing up and down by the elevators.  I would also walk over to the double glass doors to see if he had arrived yet.  The receptionist was starting to observe me intently.  At one point she asked me who I was waiting for and I told her.  "Oh, okay," she said, "I know him, he is that good looking young man who brings home a date from time to time."  Whatttttt?????  I wanted to ask if his dates were male or female but I decided that it didn't matter.  The point was that he has been dating which means  he's interested in other people not me.

After an hour which to me translated to an eternity he finally walked in.  When he saw me he turned around to leave but I quickly ran and grabbed his wrist.

"Tee," I said, "I have been waiting here for more than an hour.  Could you at least give me the courtesy of listening to what I have to say?"

I saw him turn to look at the receptionist who was observing us.  "Don't make a scene here," he said coldly.

"Then can we go up to your apartment where we can talk in private?" I begged.

"Do I have a choice?" he asked.

"No,"  I said and meant it.

He heaved a loud sigh and pressed the arrow up button outside the elevator.

I had never been inside his apartment before.  It had a pleasant fragrant smell and it was kept very orderly and neatly.  Everything was kept in place. I wondered if Copter or Bas or Kimmon had been to his apartment before.  I felt jealous and resentful that he had never invited me to hang out with him here.

He motioned for me to sit on the couch and asked if I wanted anything to drink.

"A can or bottle of beer will do,"  I replied.

"I don't have any,"  he said.  I knew that he was lying but I didn't blame him.  He was probably worried that if I drank enough beer to get me drunk I would start making advances on him.  "I only have soda or juice," he said.

"It' okay,"  I said, "I'm not thirsty.  I just would like to talk.  Can you please sit here on the couch with me?"

He did so but farthest away from me.  His cold attitude hurt me badly but I was determined to make him soften up.

"Tee," I started, and he folded his arms across his chest.  That action was not good.  I learned that that was a form of negative body language.  It translated to 'I'm really not listening to whatever you have to say' body language.

"Tee,"   I persisted, "I know that you want to pretend that nothing happened between us last night.  Go ahead and pretend but please don't shut me out.  Can we please continue to be friends?"  Or more than just friends, I so badly wanted to say.

He did not answer immediately.  He was looking down at his folded arms.  Then finally, he drew in his breath and said,  "P'Tae, the reason I didn't come home immediately was because I had to buy some pastries to ship off to my mom.  I bumped into Nancy at the pastry store's parking lot.  She informed me that you and her have broken up."

"What does she have to do with us?"  I asked.

"Do you still love her?"

"Would I break up with her if I still did?"

"Then why did you break up with her?"

"Because..."  I wondered if I should tell him.  Would I get a big fat rejection?  I decided to throw caution to the wind.  "Because I love you,"  I said so softly that it was almost a whisper.

The moment those words went out of my mouth I stood up to make a dash for the door.  I could not bear to see the look of disgust on his face.