Chapter 26

Tee's POV

I have been itching for the last two days to call P'Tae but I really have to listen to Copter to keep my emotions in check otherwise I would just end up getting badly hurt.

I didn't have any scheduled shoots or fan meets today so I just thought of spending a lazy day in my apartment, just watching TV or listening to some music.  I was lying comfortably on my couch listening to the oldies music that my mom and I used to listen together.  My eyes were closed enjoying the music, trying to forget my pain.  Then the lyrics "...maybe you should know just how much I love you...in my life there's no one else above you...maybe I should hope you find out for yourself somehow...or maybe I should tell you now..."

I shot up in a sitting position.  Then I stood up with determination.  Forget Copter, I'm going to call P'Tae right now.

"Hello, this is P'Tae's phone, he's busy right now, can I take a message," said an unfamiliar young man's voice.

What in bloody hell is going on?!!!?

I grabbed my car keys and drove beyond the speed limit to P'Tae's apartment.  My phone kept ringing along the way but because I was driving I could not answer it.  If I catch him with another guy he doesn't need to go back to the hospital to get his cast removed.  I'll break his cast myself with a baseball bat.  And maybe break his head as well.

All these violent thoughts were running through my mind as I sped towards P'Tae's place.

Tae's POV

I just lay there on my couch with my eyes closed, feeling defeat and resignation.  I told Preed not to worry about me and about the incident that just occurred and to continue taking care of the laundry.

Preed was placing the washed clothes into the dryer when the door buzzed several times.  I wasn't expecting any delivery.  Could it be some angry neighbor who might have heard the commotion earlier?  I was not inclined to get up from the couch to open it.

Preed stopped what he was doing and walked to the door to open it.  The moment he opened the door, Tee walked in and let fly his fist on Preed's jaw. The angry madman was coming for me ready to do the same to me.

"NONONONONO!!!!!" I cried, "He's my home health aide! I asked him to answer my phone earlier because I was in the bathroom."

Tee's fist that had been raised was now slowly making its way down.  He looked around at Preed who was on the floor nursing his jaw. He ran over to Preed and helped him up.

"Oh, my god, I'm so sorry, I'm so very, very sorry," he said to Preed over and over.

"Who are you?" said Preed a little resentfully, still holding his jaw.

"I'm Tee, I'm P'Tae's husband...at the hospital, but now I'm just his boyfriend," said Tee, holding out his hand to Preed.

I did not know whether to take it as another cruel joke of his or whether to take it as a cue to run over to him and give him the most passionate kiss I could ever give to anyone.