Chapter 4

A/N:  I wish to thank all who are following this story and voting for it and commenting on it.  You guys are my inspiration and encouragement to keep going.  I wish you all the best.

Tae's POV

As soon as the shoot is over I'm gonna run out and return my mom's calls.  Why can she not understand that I can't pick up her calls when I'm in the middle of shooting?

I quickly call her as soon as I get the chance.

"Son, why are you ignoring me?" she asks plaintively as soon as she hears my voice on her phone.

"Ma, I was in the middle of shooting," I explained, "I just can't take your call when the camera is focused on me."

"Well, now that I got you on the phone, I meant to ask you if you want to come over and spend the day with me and the rest of the family," she said.

"Not today, ma, but I promise to spend the whole weekend with you.  That's only two days from now." I tried to negotiate.

"Fine," she said but I could mentally see her frowning.

The reason that I wanted to postpone spending time with my mom was because I have really been planning for many days now to get  Tee to spend time with me at my apartment.  I am no longer content with just all those little skinships that are barely skinships.  I want to hold him and hug him and kiss him, and maybe if I get lucky I could do what I have been dreaming of in my wildest dreams.

After I dropped my mom's call I went back inside the building but Tee was no longer there.  I ran to the parking lot and sure enough I see him just as he was about to open his car door.

"Are you going anywhere?"  I asked.

He turned around with a startled look.  "I'm sorry I didn't mean to creep up on you," I said, sounding like a stalker who just got caught in the act.

"It's okay," he said, "actually I just finished group texting Bas and Copter to ask if they wanted to hang out with me right now."

I felt a bit upset that he didn't even think of asking me as well.  "Oh so you weren't planning on inviting me."  I couldn't help letting my offended feelings flow into my voice.

"It's not that," he said, "I just assumed that you were going on a dinner date with Nancy or something coz you left the room as soon as the shoot ended."

"No,"  I said, "my mom was calling me endlessly while the shoot was going on so I had to quickly go to call her back.  It's a good thing the phone has a mute feature so no one can hear the phone when it's ringing."

I heard Tee's phone sounding two notifications of text messages.  He looked at the messages then said in a tone of resignation, "Neither one of them is free."

I quickly seized the opportunity. ... "So you wanna hang out with me instead?"  (even if I am just second choice, I added silently to myself)

I saw his mind working for an excuse not to hang out with me.  It sent a sharp stab straight to my heart.

"Actually..." he started, but I did not want to give him a chance to refuse.  I grabbed his wrist pulling him in the direction where I parked my motorcycle.

"Let's hang out at my place,"  I said quickly, "My fridge is full of the brand of beer that you like plus my mom left several containers of food this morning.  We could have those for dinner.  My mom is a good cook.  You won't regret it."

"Wait," he said, "you go ahead,  I'll follow you in my car."

I was fine with that as long as my goal of letting him set foot in my apartment and spending the evening with me was accomplished.

I waited for Tee in the lobby of my apartment building and as soon as I saw him walk in I pressed the upward arrow outside the elevator.

When we were inside the elevator he asked how Nancy was.  I knew that he was just making small talk so I did not reveal to him that Nancy and I had broken up because I felt that it was not fair to her that my feelings for this oblivious but gorgeous young man was growing more intense by the day.