Chapter 21

Tae's POV

In my great shock and excitement at seeing Tee, I forgot that I had been advised not to make any sudden movements because it would cause me to either feel dizzy or to have a sharp headache.  In my case I experienced both.  I fell back into my pillows with my eyes closed and my fingers pressed against the side of my head.

When I opened my eyes Tee had disappeared from the room.  Again???

To my great relief, in less than a minute he was back with a nurse, concern written all over his face.  He was explaining to the nurse that when he came in I sat up quickly and fell back in pain.  The nurse explained to him that I might have forgotten that I had been advised not to make any sudden movements especially from a lying to a sitting position.  The nurse assured us that what happened was not serious and that my dizziness and pain would eventually go away.

We both thanked the nurse and then Tee waited for her to leave the room and to close the door.  Then he walked up to me and bent to envelope me in a warm embrace.  I felt so relieved that he was back at my side and I felt so loved that I couldn't help bursting into tears.

"Ssshhh...ssshhh," he said, kissing my eyelids and tasting my tears.

"I couldn't run after you even if I wanted to.  I feel so helpless being tied to this hospital bed," I said between sobs.

"Just ssshhh...ssshhh..." he said again.

"No," I said, "I must explain.  Before I sent Nancy away she had told me that the reason she kissed me in front of you was to get a reaction from you.  I didn't know whether to thank her or to curse her because I didn't know if I had lost you for good.  I could not even give you a call because my phone was not with me.  I had requested the nurse to check if my phone was in the hospital's safekeeping and thankfully it was.  But when I tried calling you, you wouldn't answer and I felt so desperssssshhhmmmmmmm.....

Tee shut me up effectively but not in a rude way.  The manner that he shut me up was in a most delicious way.

Tee's POV

I panicked at seeing P'Tae fall back in great pain.  I ran like the wind to the nurses' station and called for a nurse to come and check on P'Tae.

When the nurse and I came back to his room he was still grimacing but not as much as earlier.

"What happened?" asked the nurse.  I explained and she said that P'Tae must have forgotten that he had been advised not to make any sudden movements, especially from a lying to a sitting position because it would cause him either dizziness or a headache or both. But she assured us that it wasn't anything serious and it was a temporary thing.

P'Tae and I thanked her.  She had hardly left the room when I walked over to P'Tae and hugged him.  It broke my heart when he broke down in tears.  I kissed his eyelids and tried to kiss his tears away. He started babbling between sobs.  I was in no mood to listen to whatever he had to say.  I kissed him to make him stop talking.  He already had his mouth slightly open because he had been talking so it was easy for my tongue to access the inside of his mouth.  I circled my tongue around his and pressed my lips hard against his.  I slid my hand under the hospital sheet that was covering him and was making my way under his hospital gown when the door was flung open.

"Surprise!"  Bas and P'kim rushed into the room, one carrying a basket of fruits, the other one a bouquet of flowers. Then I saw Copter step into the room, looking at me intently, wagging his index finger at me reproachfully, but he was carrying a box of pastries, so my worry and guilt for ignoring his advice  melted away.

"When are you getting discharged, P'Tae?" Bas wanted to know.