Chapter 19

Tee's POV

I debated long and hard on whether to call back Nancy or not.  First of all, how did she even know my number.  I guess she must have asked it from P'Tae.  But why would he give Nancy my  number?  What in the name of all that's holy would she want to talk to me about?

In the end curiosity got the better of me. Forget the saying about curiosity killing the cat. If she said something that would hurt me enough to kill me, so be it.  I'm a masochist that way.

Heart in my mouth, I tapped on the topmost number under "Recents" on my phone because she was the last person who had just called me.

Copter was shaking his head in disappointment as I waited for Nancy to pick up my return call.

"Hello, Tee?"  her voice sounded a little hesitant and nervous.

"You asked me to return your call," I said coldly.

"Well, I just thought that maybe, even if I'm not sure about how you really feel for P'Tae that I should let you know that he gently held me away from him after I went to kiss him."

"Why are you telling me this?"  I asked, not sure what game she was playing.  "And first of all, how did you get my number?"

"Long time ago when I still had access to P'Tae's phone I saw your name as first on the list under his "Favorites".  I got jealous as hell and copied it into my phone but I was too scared to call you in case he found out. But I do believe that P'Tae is a good person.  He had treated me well except for the fact that he unfortunately met you and since then he could not hide the fact from me that he had fallen for you."

"Why are you telling me this?" she still hadn't answered my question.

"Because I don't bear any grudges and especially because in spite of my bad behavior he continued to treat me with respect.  He didn't yell at me even after he realized that he might have lost you for good after you left the hospital.  Please go back to him.  He is already suffering physically from the road accident.  At least relieve him of his mental pain."

"Thank you for this call but I'm not promising anything," I said before ending the call.

"What now,"asked Copter.

I told him what transpired between Nancy and me during the call.

"I'm not telling you to stay away from P'Tae," he said, "all I'm asking is that you try to remind yourself about how many times he has hurt you, how many times you have entrusted your heart to him and how many times you ended up nursing a hangover because you had to resort to the bottle to drown your sorrow."

"I know, I know,"  I said, but I already had made up my mind.

"Please be kind to yourself, P'Tee" Copter sounded like he was pleading to me,  "please don't let him hurt you all over again."

I looked down, unable to look Copter in the eye because I knew that the moment he stepped out of the apartment I was going to shower and then make my way back to the hospital.  If Nancy had just been playing a game and I ended up getting shamed and humiliated because she had lied to me, I was willing to take the risk.