Chapter 18

A/N:  I can't proceed with this chapter without expressing my heartfelt thanks to all of you who have been following this story and voting on it.  All of you are the reason that I am inspired to keep this story going.  Thank you so very much!

Copter's POV

I held the plastic bag containing the bowl of soybean sprout soup in one hand while unlocking the door to P'Tee's apartment with the other.  I had made the soybean sprout soup myself and wanted to bring it over to P'Tee while it was still hot.  Soybean sprout soup always worked wonders for me whenever I was nursing a hangover and I hoped it would do the same for P'Tee.

After I let myself in to the apartment, I set the bowl down on the table and walked into his bedroom.  He was still asleep so I took out the bowl from the plastic bag and removed the lid and placed a spoon into the bowl before going back to the bedroom.  By the time I had set the bowl on top of his bedside table, P'Tee had stirred and opened his eyes.

I wondered if he remembered all the things that he told me last night.  Maybe if I hinted at it he would remember.

"So, do you want me to pay a visit to the hospital and push P'Tae off his bed and make it look like an accident?"

I instantly regretted what I said because P'Tee suddenly broke into tears.  I rushed over to him and hugged him, patting his back to console him.

Tee's POV

The moment I broke down in tears, Copter came over to me and hugged me.

"You'll be okay, you're gonna get through this," he said while patting my back gently. "And don't forget I'm here any time you need me."

Why did I not fall in love with Copter instead?  Why did it have to be that selfish lying asshole?  I wished that I had never set eyes on him.

Copter would have made a very good boyfriend.  Whoever he ended up with would be very lucky.  He was the most caring and loyal friend anyone could ever have.

I wiped away my tears and he let go off me and handed the bowl of soup to me.

"Finish it all up," he said, "I know that you don't like how it tastes but it will help wash off the alcohol from your system."

I obediently took it and tried to finish everything in the bowl.  As I was handing the empty bowl to him, my phone started to ring.  It was an unknown number.  Should I take it?

"Are you not going to answer your phone?"  Copter asked when I just let the phone keep ringing.

"It's an unknown caller," I said. "It might just be a telemarketer."

After the phone stopped ringing, it made a sound that indicated that I had received a voice mail.  I tapped on it and listened to the new message.

It was Nancy!  She was requesting that I call her back!

I told Copter who the caller was and that she was asking me to call her back.

Copter gave me a one-word advice: DON'T.