Chapter 12

Tee's POV

"Because I love you."

It was said so softly that I almost could not catch it. Then the stupid fool was up and gone like the wind.  I tried to go after him but when I stood up from the couch I instantly ended on the floor.  In my shock at hearing those words my legs had gone so weak that they couldn't carry my weight.  I couldn't have been able to go after him even if I wanted to.

All the wasted time.  And all because the stupid fool kept it to himself.  Maybe I was also to blame.  I had kept my feelings for him hidden as well.  How would he have known.  I was a better actor than I gave myself credit for.

I slowly got up and went to the fridge.  I had lots of beer in the fridge.  I'm sure P'Tae had known earlier that I lied about not having any beer in the fridge.  I grabbed one bottle and took a swig.

Tae's POV

Stupid!  Stupid!  Stupid!  I screamed internally to myself as I sped back to my place.  Or maybe I should stop by some bar and drink myself to death.  Should I start looking for a different agency so that I will not have to keep working with Tee?

Why did I confess to him?  Why???

Suddenly I heard a loud honk from behind me and the next instant I was flying off my motorcycle.  Then everything went black.

Tee's POV

I looked around for my phone.  It was ringing from somewhere in the room.  Where did I set it down?  My mind had been in a whirl because P'Tae had come into my apartment with me and I could not think straight.

I finally found it on the middle shelf of my bookshelf.  The caller was Copter.  The call ended before I could reach my phone.  I was going to ring him back when my phone started ringing again.  This time the call was from Bas.

"P'Tee!"  he did not give me a chance to say hello.  "P'Tae is in the hospital! He got hit by a car!"

Merciful heavens, how many shocks am I going to get in one day?

"Which hospital?"  I managed to ask weakly after I recovered from my shock.

He told me.  I grabbed my car key and sped to the parking lot.

Why is this happening to me?  I didn't care that I was going over the speed limit.  I have to go and stay by P'Tae's side until he is out of danger.  I hoped and prayed that it was not a serious accident.

I was cursing as I was driving around and around the hospital parking lot looking for space to park my car.  If I couldn't find one I would have to drive somewhere else to park and then walk back here.  I was just about to drive away when I saw an empty spot at the farthest end of the parking lot.  I quickly went to park my car there.

I was told by the emergency room receptionist that P'Tae was still in the trauma unit of the hospital.  The receptionist asked me how I was related to P'Tae.  I knew that she would not give me any information unless I was a spouse or an immediate family member so I told her that I was his spouse.  She took down my name and told me to sit in the waiting area.  She said she was going to call me as soon as the doctor came to ask for me to give information on his condition.