Chapter 14

Tae's POV

I woke up with a painful pounding in my head.  I tried to move  Suddenly my entire body started to ache.  I felt like a thousand needles were being shot throughout my body.  I tried to look around but I could not move my neck.

There was a short knock on the door and a nurse entered carrying a small tray with a syringe and an alcohol swab on it.

I am in a hospital!  I remember now.  My motorcycle got hit from behind by a motorist and sent me flying just before losing consciousness.  Should I feel lucky that I am still alive, or should I regret that I am still alive?

"Good morning, how are you feeling?"  the nurse asked me.

"I'm in a lot of pain,"  I replied.  Both in body and soul,  I wanted to add, but of course she wouldn't understand.

"Let me take care of that pain," she said, "I'm going to inject a pain medication into this bag that's connected to your vein.  It will make you drowsy but it will control your pain."

'Not the pain in my heart' I said to myself.

There was a knock on my door.  "Come in," the nurse called out while injecting the pain medication to the bag hanging from a pole by my bed.

The door opened slowly and Tee walked in.  My heart jumped to my throat.  My instinct was to turn my head to the wall but unfortunately I could not move my neck so I just looked straight ahead of me without greeting him.

"Oh, good morning!" the nurse said to him. " I remember you!  You were the one I spoke with last night to whom I gave my report on your husband's status."

What did she just say???  Did I hear correctly or did the anesthesia pull tricks on my brain?

I was forced to look at Tee now.  He motioned by putting a finger to his lips as if to shush me.  The nurse was busy with my pain medication so she did not see Tee's motion.

"Hello, sweetheart,"  I played along.  Tee blushed a deep deep red.

"He was complaining of pain," the nurse continued, "so I am injecting a pain medication into this bag."

"Will it work quickly?" asked Tee.

"In a few minutes," answered the nurse, "but it will also make him drowsy."

Thank god for that, I thought.  Then I won't have to face him in case he confronts me about our last conversation just before I got into a traffic accident.

"I see," said Tee and stepped closer to my bed and took my hand in his.  I was taken by surprise so my first instinct was to withdraw my hand from his.  He held on tighter to it.

"Don't move too much, honey, or you'll hurt yourself more," he said with a sweet smile.

Just what game was he playing?

"There, it's finished," declared the nurse, "your medication will kick in soon.  Just be patient."

As soon as the nurse left the room and closed the door, I opened my mouth to say something but he suddenly covered it with his own mouth.

My heart started pounding wildly in my chest.  My pain was forgotten.  I didn't need the pain medication anymore.

He continued holding onto my hand.  I felt his tongue enter my mouth and caressed my tongue with his.  I felt so helpless and useless that I could not raise my arms to put them around him lovingly.  I did feel something pulsing under the sheet though, just between my upper thighs.  I felt the heat rise to my cheeks.  I started gasping for air.  Tee must have realized it because he lifted his head and looked down at me, breathing heavily.