Chapter 23

Tae's POV

Although I was enjoying the kiss and was starting to get turned on by the feel of Tee's warm hand slowly and deliciously creeping underneath my hospital gown, I actually wanted to break the kiss to ask him if what he was doing was just an act of sympathy towards me.  After all,  I had never heard him say that he loved me back after I confessed my feelings to him.  In fairness I hadn't given him the chance to do so because I had run out of his apartment as soon as my declaration of love for him had escaped my lips.

I was on the verge of breaking the kiss when the door was flung open.

"Surprise!" Bas did the breaking of the kiss for me.  He was with Kim and Copter.  They had brought me fruits and flowers and pastries.  I greeted them and thanked them.  Tee didn't look too happy to see them, I noted with some amusement.

I'm not sure if it was just my imagination but it seemed to me that Copter was observing me very closely.  There seemed to be some kind of silent communication going on between him and Tee and it was making me feel a little uneasy.

Bas wanted to know when I was going to get discharged.  I told him that I was getting discharged in two days after my IV antibiotic dose was finished.  Then I would have to come back after a week to have the cast in my left shoulder removed.

"I can't wait until you are fully recovered," said Bas excitedly.  "My dad bought me a guitar yesterday and I want you to teach me how to play it."

Tee's POV

I cursed silently when I saw Bas and P'Kim and Copter walk into the room.  The kiss I was giving P'Tae before they arrived was just my preparation for confessing to him that I loved him.

My decision to confess my feelings to P'Tae was starting to waver however, because of the reproachful look that Copter kept shooting in my direction.

Clueless Bas wanted to know when P'Tae was getting discharged from the hospital.  P'Tae told him that he was getting discharged after the IV antibiotic dose was finished, which was in two days time.  Then he would have to come back to the hospital to have the cast on his left shoulder removed.

P'Tae announced that he wanted to let everyone eat the fruits and pastries with him because he didn't think he could eat them all by himself.  We all happily obliged, especially Bas.

Then Bas announced that his dad had bought him a guitar and wanted P'Tae to teach him how to play it.

"Why not," said P'Tae, "as soon as I'm fully recovered of course."

Soon P'Kim announced that they had to get going.  They had come in P'Kim's car and he had to drop the two younger guys off before he had to bring his sister to a birthday party of a friend.

P'Tae thanked them once again and Copter motioned for me to follow him out the door.  I did so reluctantly after I excused myself from P'Tae.

Copter asked P'Kim if he could talk privately with me for a few minutes.

"Sure," said P'Kim, "Bas and I will wait for you in the parking lot."

As soon as we were out of earshot, Copter said, "P'Tee, I know that you are dying to tell P'Tae how you feel about him.  I cannot stop you from doing so, of course, but I just wish to remind you that too much alcohol in your system is not good for your brain."

It was his way of telling me that I could end up turning to the bottle again if P'Tae ended up breaking my heart all over again.