1-why him?

Emma's POV

"But why not me?" I asked the blonde haired boy as I stared up at the ceiling in his bedroom. I looked next to me seeing Luke staring back at me.

"Why him?" He asked shrugging. I laughed smiling I didn't feel happy though.

"I've went through this with you, do I need to recap?" I asked Luke shook his head.

"I'd rather you not." He said. The two of us were really close. We knew each other pretty well I'd go to say. Well enough that the fact that My shoulders were touching his on his queen sized bed when they could have been on the opposite side of the bed from him wasn't weird. "Calum ain't shit." He said, I sighed I didn't want to hear that from him.

"Your friends with him."

"He sits next to me in math class." He mumbled back. "I wouldn't call that friends."

"That's more than me and him are." I said not wanting to admit it, I wanted to sit next to him in math class.

"Exactly."

"Exactly what?" I asked. Luke looked at me running his fingers through his hair.

"Calum isn't shit because of that." He explained. "There is so many other people that you could like." Luke said looking back at his ceiling, I did the same.

"I don't want anyone else."

"I know, I'm sorry." He said.

Luke's POV

"What are you staring at?" Michael asked Emma. Her friend answered before either of us could.

"That fucking junior." Kalee said. Emma's attention snapped back to us glaring at her. I rolled my eyes. "Stop staring he'll think your weird." Kalee said, Emma sighed.

"I can't help it." She complained making me want to roll my eyes again.

"You've got to do somthing about this." Michael said looking at me as he pointed at Emma. I threw my hands up.

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked looking at Michael. He raised his eyebrow at me, and I wanted to hit him. I knew what the look meant and we all did except Emma. She was already gone again.

"I mean your friends with him." Kalee said pointing at Calum almost to obviously.

"No I'm not. Why does everyone think that?"

"You sit with him in math." Michael said.

"The seats are assigned." I glanced back at Emma she haven't touched her lunch and that was new. All she was doing was staring, it only made me angry a little. Michael looked at my sympathetically, the bell rang for third block a second later. The four of us got up from our table and Emma and Kalee walked out the right set of doors together disappearing into he hallway and Michael and I walked into the left side of the doors going the oppsite way.

"Rough." Michael said as he walked next to me. "She'll come around." I shook my head.

"She's dead set." I announced. "She lays in bed with me telling me about him. I don't think I could get more friend zoned." I said as I got ready to turn away from him to class, luckily of course math. "But why not me?" I asked Michael. Michael grinned.

"Be patient." He said turning away. I walked into class seeing my seat next to Calum empty. I wished it would be full every day so I didn't have to sit next to him. It made me mad to look at his face. I sat down trying not to look upset. Calum smiled at me.

"Hey man." He said smiling, I smiled back, I had to admit it he was nice to me.

"Hi I said awkwardly as I hung my bag on the back of my chair sitting down. I was waiting for class to start since the teacher was yet to arrive but Calum was yet to stop talking to me. He was babbling on about his day. Every word he said was just looping in and out my mind. I think a part of me hated him. But I smiled and listened. He just kept going he was playing wit his hair and shirt as he was talking and it was starting to get to a point that annoyed me. His brown hair was too messy and his cloths didn't fit him right I didn't know how Emma liked him. Eventually class started and shut up. But then as soon as the lesson ended, all he wanted was help with work and to talk some more and all I wanted was his secret admirer and peace and quiet.