16

I heard a loud knock at the front door waking me from the sleep that I needed so badly. The time was about 11 in the morning and I was still only in my bra and underwear. I quickly jumped up putting on the first shirt I could find and running to the door. I opened the door and felt my heart stop. There he was standing at the door, he had a sad look in his eye an I didn't know what to do.

I wanted to slam the door on Calum's face but at the same time, I wanted to jump in his arms. In one hand he had a bouquet of roses he had hanging by his side.

"What do you want?" I asked as I stepped outside closing the door behind me.

"To say I'm sorry." He said slowly I could see now that I was closer to him how tightly he was gripping the roses in his first. I didn't know what to say back so I stayed silent. "I know what I did was horrible I know I'm an asshole." He continued, I already knew that.

"I already knew that you didn't need to tell me." I said back.

"But as soon as that dance was over the only thing I could think about was you, and how I watched you cry and didn't do a thing. And how I was the reason and I felt horrible." He said I sighed. I wanted to forgive him, and I think I did but I still didn't know how to react to what he was saying. I looked down at my feet I didn't know what to say. "I couldn't get out of bed all week I've been so upset, I saw you walking with Luke." He said I felt my heart drop, he saw me? He cared? "And I know he treats you better." He said sadly. I sighed again. How would I respond? "I can't believe I led you on the way I did."

"I can't either." I said quietly looking back up to him.

"I love you." He said. "I didn't know I did before but now that I know what it feels like to miss you, I know I do. Please take me back." He said. I couldn't believe what I'd just heard come out of his mouth. He loved me? There was no courage in his voice when he said it only sadness. His eyes were red and puffy like he had been crying even though he wasn't now. "Please." He begged slowly and shakily exhaling he held up the roses to me. I reached my hand up pushing his roses back down to his side taking a step closer to him.

"I don't need your roses Calum, I only need you." A small smile crept onto his face.

"Is that a yes?" I nodded. Calum thews his arms around me pulling me into a hug. "Thank god."