9-Traded

That wasn't Emmas brown hair that was some one else's. I took a harder look just to make sure that was really Calum I was looking at. Sure enough it was. I had bet realized it but my hand left the table, stopping its drumming
Action and was now clawed into my wrist on my left arm. I took my hand off of my other and tried to hide how furious I was. It was only a few seconds into the song that was playing loudly. Was Emma even here? A part of me hoped bot but a bigger part disagreed. I jumped up out of my seat rushing around the gym looking for any sign off Emma and just as I was about to give up searching in the sea of dancing couples I saw her standing in the corner of the room. I ran over to her without thinking by now I'd lost Mikey and Kalee they must have been on the opposite side of the gym. I could tell she was crying but was trying to make it not obvious. She looked up from the ground almost shocked to see me. I crashed into her nearly.

"What happened, what did that asshole do?" I asked, I sounded more mean than I had intended too but I couldn't help it I was so mad. Emma smiled at me, she definitely wasn't happy. The tears were streaming down her face. If I Hadn't seen them I would believe she was in a good mood. The smile almost looked sick. Like a part of her had died.

"Traded me out." She said I sighed. I was afraid if I hugged her she would reject it but that's what I wanted to do.

"I could kill him right now." I said as I looked at her eyes that were red from tears.

"I could too." She said laughing as she nearly threw herself onto me. I hugged back immediately, that was something I had missed for long. Her grip around me was so tight her head was pressed into my chest. I could feel her crying my suite was getting back from it and probably stained with makeup. I could have cared less because this was the only thing I cared about. I placed one of my hands in her hair and my other I used to rub her back: I knew I wasn't much help but I hoped I was at least some.

"He doesn't deserve someone like you." I said. She lifted her head from my chest smiling at me.

"Just like I don't deserve you?" She said I felt my heart skip a beat or two as she smiled up at me. I shook my head. With her heels on she was right up to my shoulder that was if. "I'm sorry I abandoned you." She said as she put her head back to her original spot. I shushed her because I didn't care about any of that. I bit my lip I'd never felt so happy and nervous at the same time. Emma slid her hands up and wrapped her arms around my neck. My hands dropped down to her waist. She pulled me closer to her as her eyes scanned up and down me. She kissed me and I felt like I had been ignited. I'd wanted that forever.

"Why did I want better when I had it right all along?" She asked looking up at me. I reached my hand up for a moment wiping the black dripping makeup off of her face the best I could. I kissed her again just as the song ended.

"Can we go home?" She asked I nodded and the both of us ran out of the dance and towards my house.