Kanna: Chapt.12: Exploring The Castle

I sat alone eating. Drakor does have a lot to do.

I'll be alone most of the day. Nika will be with me. I looked around and drank my juice.

I finish eating and stood. The maids came and picked everything.

I smile and thank them. Now where to start my tour. I know I should wait for Nika, but I don't want to bother her.

I went through a door and was standing in the middle of many hallways. I frowned. Where to go?

"Miss Kanna," Nika rushed over. "I finally found you. Please don't go off on your own. And some of those hallways are off limits."

"Why?" I asked.

"Dragons," she took a deep breathe and let it out. It seems I made her run. "There are rooms in those hallways that hold dragons. They are guards that are on break and sleeping. We can't disturb them. That is why this door is locked. I don't know who left it open. So come, we don't want to anger them."

I almost walked into the dragons den. "Okay, this door of limits got it. Anything else?"

"You can access the great if the castle," she said. "But never this door."

"Understood," I said. "So, can you show me around?"

She nod.

Nika led out me out and locked the door. I shrugged and followed her around the castle.

This castle had lots of rooms. A ballroom, Drakor's studio, another living room, a music room, so, many rooms. But the one I like best is the library and an indoor pool. I mean, Drakor did mention the one outside. But not this one.

The water looks so, nice. I smile. "I think ill be using this room and the library."

"Okay," she smiled. "Do you want to see the garden?"

I not and follow her through two tall glass double doors. "Wow."

There was a fountain. And there was a maze too. But the flowers around caught my attention. So many colors and beautiful.

I walked around. Woods and mountains surrounded the whole place. "Why this close to the mountains?"

"For the dragons," she said. "There are caves in the mountains where the females give birth to their babies. It's where I was born. But I fell out of my nest."

"You fell?" I tilt my head. "How do you fall?"

"We got attacked," she said. "By humans who were seeking dragons to kill. And I was barely a baby. My parents fought them off, and I rolled off the nest when it got tipped over."

"That's horrible," that is so, sad.

"My parents die protecting me," she said. "A lot of adult dragons die, and kids were left orphaned. Like me."

"Oh," I look at the mountains. "And you all still use them are you not afraid?"

"No, some don't use them anymore," she said. "Nowadays they give birth in their human form. But others stick to tradition. And the mountains are guarded now."

I smiled. "That's good."

"Drakor's thinks demons were the ones that attacked," Nika said. "But they couldn't have snuck in without being detected and humans they are more sneaky. I heard they came from behind the mountains since there are villages back there. Humans villages."

"Oh," I felt terrible now if demons were involved. "Well, there are times when humans come to seek the king, and that makes a deal In exchange for help. They could've had asked for help."