Chapter Twenty-Five: Family All Together

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I took a while to update, this took some time, and I'm also working on school stuff before we start and maybe a new book 😉 Btw, some smut included and some of the dialog is used from an episode of Supergirl from season 3. I do not own any of the dialog or script.

It was Christmas Day. The Danvers house was going to be bustling with festivities and smells of good food later. Kara shot up in her bed, knowing what day it was, and what was to come. She looked at her phone, seeing a text from Lena, and automatically smiling.

Lena: Good morning, love. Merry Christmas!

Kara: Merry Christmas, babe! Ready for today?

Lena: Yep. When should I come over?

Kara looks at the time. It was 11:00 am now. 

Kara: Come over a little before noon. I'll tell everyone else the same thing.

Lena: Great. See you later, love♡

Kara: Later, Lena❤

Kara decided to tell Lena today. She's been wanting to ever since she kissed her. Or, when she declared her feelings for her, but it was at the same time. She shakes the thought for now, sets it aside for later, and shoots a text to all their friends in a group chat, telling them all to come over a little before noon. She gets out of bed and downstairs. She goes into the kitchen where Eliza and Alex are already there.

"Merry Christmas!" Kara says, hugging Alex, then Eliza.

Eliza kisses Kara's forehead. "Merry Christmas, sunshine. Excited?" She asks as she puts sparkling apple cider and champagne in the fridge.

"Very. How 'bout you, Alex?"

"Probably not as much as you are, but still pretty excited. Merry Holidays," Alex says, sipping her coffee.

Kara chuckles at her older sister and sits next to her at the island. "Wrong sayings, Alex."

"We're going to wait for everyone to come over before we eat." Eliza puts a cup of hot cocoa in front of Kara.

"Aww Mom, you're gonna make me starve?" Kara complains.

"Relax, Kar, they'll be here before you know it," Alex says, rubbing Kara's arm.

"Well, what'd you get for brunch, Mom?" Kara asks, warming her hands against the warm mug.

Eliza sits across the island from her two daughters with her mug of tea. "I got enough bagels, lox, and cream cheese and toppings to last us for a few days, so we'll be eating those for a while. I got a lot of samosas, potstickers, and spanikopita, and I'll make mini sandwiches and calamari for later. And yes, I got vegan and vegetarian varieties for both Maggie and Lena. For dinner, I got ham, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, brussel sprouts, and stuffing. Sam and Lena are bringing desserts. People are going to have to help around here later." 

"Yes, Sergeant Danvers. And Maggie's bringing her mush," Alex says, slightly chuckling. There was a knock at the door. "I'll get it," Alex says. She goes to open the door and gasps in shock. "Dad!" Alex shouts, making Kara and Eliza get up and run towards the door. Well, Kara super speeds towards the door, beating Eliza to see Alex tackling Jeremiah in a hug on the porch.

He laughs. "Hi, sweetie." He lets go of his eldest daughter and goes in to hug Kara. "Hi Kara baby." He engulfs Kara in a tight hug.

"Hi, Jeremiah. I thought you weren't going to make it home," Kara croaks, as she was on the verge of tears. Alex was tearing up while Eliza was silently crying.