Chapter Thirty-Two: Best Girlfriend Ever

A/N: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE SHAWN MENDES MUSIC OR LYRICS. Italic is Kara, bold is Lena, underlined is both 

Sunday afternoon before graduation week

Lena sat on the couch and typed at her computer with every ounce she had. She was extraordinarily focused- she had to make this valedictorian speech perfect.

Kara came in the house with the spare key Lena gave her. Lena didn't even hear or acknowledge that she entered the house. She saw Lena completely focused. She smiled and thought she looked cute. Lena chewed on her bottom lip while concentrating, her rarely almost never-to-be-seen black glasses on the perch of her nose, her hair up in a messy bun as she wore a blue t-shirt and sweatpants. This was a sight for sore eyes.

Kara tip-toed to her and gave her a hug from behind, making Lena jump a bit before realizing who it was and relaxing into her arms. "Babe, you scared me."

Kara put her head on her shoulder and looked at her, her arms still around her torso. "Well, you were extra focused on your valedictorian speech that you didn't even realize I came in with the extra key you gave me." She pressed a kiss to her temple, making the Luthor smile. "You are adorably cute when you look like this."

Lena tilts her head to look at her. "Like what?"

"Studious, I guess. I've rarely seen you with your glasses on and you being so focused on this- and not giving a damn about how you look while you work is hot."

Lena smirks. "Well, thank you for the compliment, dear. I've been working on this since morning, I'm just revising and editing it. Making some final tweaks."

Kara tilts her head with a little frown. "I'm guessing you haven't eaten anything, then."

Lena thinks back and shook her head no. "How could you tell?"

"Whenever you're working on something really important to you, or just sometimes work in general, you tend to skip on meals and forget to eat. I'm also your girlfriend. I know you."

She grins. "And I love you." She feels Kara grin as well as she kisses her.

"Love you, too. Fruit salad?"

"Aww, you'd get over your phobia of fruit just to feed me?" Lena teases with a snicker.

"Fruits are good. I'll eat them. It's veggies I don't understand. And you need your food. So, I'll take that as a yes."

"Can you add kale, too?" Lena pouts, knowing that her girlfriend would give in.

Kara groans. "The things I do for love."

Lena gives her chin a peck as she gets off of her. "Love you, babe!" she hollers after her.

"Uh huh, love you too, Lee!" Kara yells back from the kitchen.

Lena chuckles. "Best girlfriend ever," she mutters with a smile. Of course, Kara heard her and it made her smile hard. She started singing softly.

I wanna follow where she goes
I think about her and she knows it
I wanna let her take control
'Cause everytime that she gets close, yeah

Lena hears her and smiles. She sets the laptop on the table in front of her and gets off the couch to join her in the kitchen, taking her in her arms from behind, listening to her voice. Kara grins as she thinks of an idea. She turns around and pulls her close and continues:

She pulls me in enough to keep me guessing 

Kara teases her by going to her lips, but pulls back to keep singing with a grin on her face and a little pout on Lena's.