|chapter 6|

Sophia POV

I wake up to someone knocking on my door, I quickly stand up and walk over to the door, when I open it up I see Rosie standing there with a tray of food.

Oh Sophia, I know you would be tired so I decided to bring your food up for you

I smile, what a nice woman, I grab the tray from her and settle on my bed while she walks into the room and seats beside me

So Chuck told me about you looking for a place to stay and I thought I could help out she sends me a small smile

I smile, I already got that covered

She nods, its just, this apartment is closer to the shop and cheap too in case you need to check it out you can tell me she stands up

I nod, thinking she's right I need a place close to the shop, cause getting cabs cost money and I hate trains, they always manage to get me sick and those weird people always staring at you.

I nod I'll take up the offer

She smiles, the owner is a friend of mine, I'll call her you can check it out tomorrow

I nod, thank you looking at the clock on the wall I see its just 10am
Can I check out the shop later?

She nods, oh yes you can and in case you need any help you can ask john, he called the electrician to come fix the lights, those things have been off for about a year or two and you need lights don't you? She laughs

I chuckle and nod watching her leave, I finish up the oatmeal she gave me along with the small fruit salad.

When am done, I wear a white button up shirt that belonged to john, I fold the hands, wearing my flops. I head down the stairs, smiling at the couple watching TV in their small living room, when I reach the kitchen, I switch on the lights and surprisingly the kitchen lights are working, I look around, this place needs some serious cleaning.

And a couple of new things, but I'll just talk that out with Rosie and john, I find the storage room which has some cleaning supplies, lots of plates,mugs, cutlery, baking pans and pots.

I grab a bucket and rag first, I head to the tap filling it up I put soap into the bucket grabbing the rag I dip it in the water before starting my cleaning,

By the time am done cleaning all the surfaces, the table tops stoves, fridge, oven are clean, I smile to myself looks like work is done, I thought some things would need replacing but turns out everything is in good shape, I look to the floor which is now covered in all possible garbage imaginable, I sigh I just want to get everything started early so I can start earning money early too, which means a completely new life.

I grab a broom, sweeping off everything, when am done and everything is in garbage bags, I grab a mop ready to start when I see the worst thing on earth, a tiny squeaky rat, I eye the rat in disgust getting ready to hit the creature with the mop in hand when it moves quickly behind the fridge, I narrow my eyes with a smile this rat has no idea who he's dealing with.

I wait patiently when it sticks his head back out by the side am about to attack when it enters again, I laugh to myself this reminds me of when I was trying to avoid crazy cat lady that morning.

I narrow my eyes at the rat again before I continue my cleaning, soon am done and the kitchen is sparkling clean, I look to the clock and see its 4pm wow turns out am not lazy after all.

I sit on the floor, I'll clean up the storage room and the equipments tomorrow, Rosie climbs down the stairs and her eyes go wide I smile weakly at her