|chapter 43|

Chapter 43
Sophia POV

I wake up to Lara pounding on my door.

Hey I mumble wiping on my eyes letting her in.

You're not dressed up yet? She frowns

I frown staring at her costume dressed as a paper cup with Rosie's cafe written on top.

I laugh real original Lara, really? How is that meant to scare people.

I don't scare people she points out I make people smile she shrugs.

Isn't it too early to be so dressed up? I lean on the counter preparing tea for myself.

No you do know its 3pm right?

I immediately spit out the tea, what? And no one woke me up early?

We thought you needed the rest she smiles, the bruises on your face is almost gone she points out.

I smile, guess my costume?

Uh a cookie?

Nope I smile, wait right here I'll go take a bath and dress up.

She nods settling on the couch staring at the empty spot where my TV used to be.

I quickly take a bath, applying my makeup with red lipstick, I tie the black mask over my eyes wearing the cat ears around my head, I grab the leather pant suit and knee length boots smiling into the mirror I zip it up.

Tada I scream into Lara's ear making her jump in fear screaming bloody murderer

I laugh turning around what do you think?

Cat woman? Really?

I smile nodding, she's bad ass and beats up guys I shrug

And women Lara points out, its good, come on let's go change Rosie's mind about her costume, she's dressing as a basket of Roses and Johnny as a watering can.

I laugh, well aren't they a darling I smile grabbing my purse locking the door behind I pull on my leather gloves and my coat, am Catwoman does not mean am immune to the cold.

The streets look lively as ever as we walk past, kids in different costumes, even some adults so we don't look so odd, Lara gives everyone who sends us a look a stink eye.

We reach the open shop where Rosie is handing out candy to a group of kids.

Aren't they adorable she sighs turning to us as we pull off our coat.

Oh my she gasp, what are you both supposed to be dressed as?

I laugh am Catwoman

And am Rosie's hazelnut coffee Lara smiles moving to the counter but find it hard to pass, Andrea walks out a blonde wig on with blue pullovers on.

He laughs helping his girlfriend pass through.

What are you supposed to be dressed as? I turn to him as I wear my apron

Simon he shrugs pointing to the tag

I smile, I've not seen Simon since I came back I frown

He went to stay with his aunt for a while but he's coming back tonight Lara says from the counter.

I nod turning to the kitchen as Johnny walks out dressed as a watering can, I laugh turning to the group of teenagers that enter the store obviously not dressed and think they are too old for Halloween.

I walk towards them taking their order and their looks.

The reason for my costume nobody guessed that, I might still be a bit paranoid about people recognising me from that scandal when they don't even know its me but I won't take the chance, I know I will have to be normal tomorrow but today I can hide behind the mask.