|chapter 35|

Sophia POV

I wake up with a huge headache from crying all night but I don't care.

I take a bath wearing my white sweater dress, black panty host, and black scarf, I put my hair in a pony tail before wearing my boots.

I grab my purse, walking out and locking the door, I hand the key to the receptionist on my way out.

I take a taxi to the bank holding my purse closer to me like anyone can steal the money in my purse.

****

I sigh to myself with a smile, as I open up the house, there were new locks but luckily I was given the key after I gave them half of the money.

I cough in the dusty house, I open up all the doors and windows ready for another cleaning spree, I rest on the kitchen door looking out the backyard my plate from months ago still seats on the counter and the contents in it rotten.

I scrunch up my face grabbing a garbage bag.

It takes the whole day but the house is back in ship shape, thankfully I paid the light and water bill, I don't think I'm stealing water anymore so it was way easier.

I sit outside on the rusted swing in the cool night looking through long forgotten mails from aunts and uncles, I don't think they knew the house was in the banks custody.

I eye the freshly cut lawn well not the lawn the old cat lady.

She narrows her eyes at me

I send her a smile and the middle finger, I guess that's one thing I'll never change.

I throw out the unreasonable ones, preferably my aunts and uncles those people are a bunch of stupid bastards, they refused to help with money when we found out about my sister even when they are heavily loaded.

I watch the moon from my seat, when my mind diverts to the reason why am here alone spending my birthday staring at an old woman who hates me for no apparent reason while he's out there gallivanting with that fiancé of his, acting innocent like he did not just break and shatter me into pieces

Why do I have to be here alone, I shook my hair which has been in a bun all day.

I walk into the house clearing my skin from all the dirts from today with a long shower.

I grab a gold long sleeved tight dress with a plunging neck line, I wear my black boots, curling my hair and applying my makeup, I grab my purse and leave the house passing the old lady sleeping on her porch.

I quickly get a cab to my favorite club, it has been with me through thick I thin, by that I mean it has been with me when my parents died, when I had my first drop of alcohol, when I sneaked out late at night and now when I finally got my heart broken.

Its a 10 minutes drive before I join the short line.

When I finally get into the club I feel good, I block my mind from everything and everyone heading straight to the bar.

A shot of tequila please I shout to the bartender, he nods sliding the small glass my way.

I nod, keep it coming!!!

I don't know how long I sat there seating and drinking my ass off but I do know I've drank a lot.

I look around the club, the people are not so much anymore probably hooking up in hotels and toilets.

An-ot-errrr oneeee I slur to the bartender passing him another bill.

He passes another one to me not caring about my drunk state, am about to down it when a guy grabs it and takes it in one gulp.