Young Love (Sebastian x Ciel) Chapter Ten

"Love Square?"

My heart pounded loudly out of my chest, my hand mere inches away from picking up my tray. Claude's fingers were slightly touching mine, making a spark go off between the skin. He slightly smiled, careless of the attention he was gaining from everyone in the cafeteria. Sebastian was staring the both of us down. He looked like he was ready to jump over and kick Claude's ass, but he seemed hesitant.

Pfft. Butler, yeah right.

I blinked a few times as Claude slid my tray into his hands. He stood up, and tossed it into the trash can. He wiped his hands on his jeans, and turned towards me. Holding out his hand once again, he said,

"I'm Claude."

"I-I'm Ciel." I greeted back, taking his hand and shaking it. I stood up and briefly dusted myself off, my face burning red. Suddenly, I felt a forceful grip on my shoulder, yanking me backward. I stumbled onto the table I was sitting at, and gasped. Alois glared at me, then turned to Claude.

"Claude, leave my best friend alone." He said. Utterly shocked and confused, I sat up, and walked in front of Alois.

"What are you talking about?" I demanded, glancing at Claude nervously. Alois ignored me, but then he did something odd. He flipped his hair in a rather attractive manner, and held out his hand to Claude.

"He's taken." Alois said. Claude cocked and eyebrow, and pushed passed Alois with ease. Alois remained standing with his hand out, clearly dying on the inside. I felt a little bad for him, but remembered he only "defended" me to gain Claude's uninterested attention. I frowned, and looked down at the ground as Claude approached me once more. I could see Sebastian out of the corner of my eye. He didn't look to pleased, but everyone else seemed genuinely amused. Some students even quit talking and turned to what was going on. Great, just what I wanted.

Claude smirked, something he never really does as far as I'm concerned. I awkwardly slid my hands into my pockets, and slightly backed away. Claude came much closer than he had before, and grabbed my chin in his hand. This triggered several gasps and oohs of admiration and shock. My face ignited in red, as I frowned and looked into Claude's eyes. He leaned in ever so slightly, his lips mere inches away from mine. My eyes widened in shock and embarrassment, and I quickly pulled away. Claude paused, and tilted his head, obviously hurt. I glanced at Sebastian, who was already walking angrily towards Claude, his fists balled and ready to punch his face in.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Sebastian yelled, grasping Claude by the collar of his shirt and jerking him against the wall. I was breathing heavily at a rapid pace, and stepped back next to Lizzie, who was even more worried than usual.

"Ciel, what the hell is going on?" She rasped in an angry whisper, grabbing my arm. I gritted my teeth and shrugged. I had no idea why Claude had suddenly decided to make a move, and I had no idea why Sebastian was suddenly defensive. Then, I looked to Alois, who was running out of the cafeteria door.

"Alo-" I called, but stopped once I realized how hurt he must have been. He disappeared into the hallway, and I sighed. Looking back to Claude and Sebastian, who were glaring and mumbling curse words to each other, I walked between the two bravely.

"Cut it out, bastards." I said lowly. Sebastian and Claude both looked at me. Claude grinned, and Sebastian scowled.

"I'm not finished with you yet." Sebastian spat at Claude, reluctantly releasing him. I glared at both of them.

'Idiots.' I thought.

The students that had been watching were now shouting random nonsense and cheers at us, but I ignored it.

"I'm leaving." I said in a huff, grabbing my things and heading out of the lunch room.

"Ciel!" Lizzie called. Unfortunately, she got no response.

* * *

"ERAAAAAAAAGH!" I screamed as loudly as I could into the pillow. It was only my first few days of school, and a bunch of pathetic bull crap was already happening? I sighed and pressed my face deeper into the pillow, wishing I could just stay there forever, drowning my sorrows. It also didn't help that homecoming was around the corner.

Yes. Homecoming. Similar to prom, only bigger, and fancier. Just thinking about it made me tense up, considering I knew at least three people who would be asking me to accompany them. I sighed.

I then thought about Alois, and felt suddenly guilty. He had to watch as Claude rejected him, then decided to pay attention to me. It's funny, I'm not one to like attention, but Alois is. He just doesn't attract the right kind, I suppose.

Then Sebastian came into mind. I felt my face head up at the memory of him getting pissed at Claude because he touched me. In that moment, I kind of wanted to talk with Sebastian. He was nice if you got to know him, despite his completely perverted side. I smiled lightly to myself, but it's not like it was an official smile or anything.

A few short memories of Claude then came back to me. I cringed. He seemed so creepy and straight forward, not that Sebastian wasn't anyway. He humiliated me in front of the whole school, added more fuel to the fire by bluntly rejecting my so called "friend," and he barely knows me!

Sighing again, I reached into my back pocket for my trusty iPod. Music was always a great escape from reality and worries.

Gliding through my list of songs, I selected a specific tune that I'd always liked. "Melt With You." I plugged in my earbuds and adjusted them perfectly, closing my eyes and drowning in my music and thoughts. Resting my hands behind my head, I lightly synchronised my voice with the song.

Sheesh. Who knew boys caused as much drama as girls did.