14. pinky promise

( jeff's pov )
At the sound of the door opening and ( y/n's ) voice ringing throughout the house, I jumped up from the couch to greet her and ask how it went.

She turned to me and smiled, though she was flustered and looked as if she'd been.. crying? I walked up to her and messed up her ( h/c ) hair affectionately, getting a giggle from the girl.

"How'd the mission go?" I asked her. ( y/n ) paused before grinning, watching as everyone got back into the house.

"I think it went well!"

She leaned in, a couple inches away from my face. I felt my heart jump, but I pushed the feeling away. Nothing important.

"Truth be told, I was actually really scared."

( y/n ) giggled quietly, cheeks turning a pleasant shade of pink. I chuckled and rubbed the back of my neck.

"At least you're okay now," I said with a small grin underneath my already large one. She nodded and kneeled down, slipping off her boots and gloves.

Just then, the rest of the pastas came tumbling into the entryway. Everyone was congratulating ( y/n ) and acting all concerned about her, which I found a bit funny.

( y/n's ) not a child, she can take care of herself. The girl then dismissed herself, running up to Sally's room to change into pajamas.

I walked over to Hoodie and pulled on his shoulder so that he was facing me.
"Jeff! If you need something, say my name. You don't have to pull on me," he growled.

I laughed and put my hands onto my hips.
"I was just wondering how the mission actually went. Was ( y/n ) handling it okay?" I asked.

He scoffed and shoved his hands into the pockets of his hoodie. If Hoodie had visible eyes, I'm sure he'd be rolling them right about now.
"She was fine. I made sure of that."

I frowned at him and narrowed my eyes.
"When she came in, she looked like she had been crying. You didn't accidentally hurt her, did you?"

"She cried for like, ten seconds out of fear. But anyways, ( y/n ) is fine now. We comforted her."
He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.
"Why do you care anyways?"

I felt anger spark in my chest. Hoodie was normally kind of a jerk to me, but ( y/n ) is my friend too and I have the right to know as much as he does!

"Um, maybe because she's my friend?" I retorted. Hoodie tsked and shook his head slowly, sighing to himself.

"She's fine."

He walked off, leaving me in the dust. I was confused at first on why he reacted so harshly, but then something popped into my head.

Maybe he was just worried about ( y/n )?

( third person's pov )
As ( y/n ) changed into a white T-shirt and ( f/c ) sweats, she looked over the events of the night.

She still didn't know how to feel about witnessing her friends murder innocent people so cruelly, but then again, she also knew that it was their job.

( y/n ) sighed and tied her ( h/c ) hair up into a bun, deciding to wash her face to take her mind off of things. Ambling to the bathroom, ( y/n ) greeted everyone she passed on the way.

"Hi, Puppeteer!"
"Hi, BEN!"
"Hello, Slender!"
"Hiya, Sally!"

When she finally reached the bathroom, she stepped inside and clicked the lights on. Running the warm water, ( y/n ) squeezed a bit of face wash on her hands and massaged it onto her skin gently, taking a moment of relaxation for herself after the stressful situation.