chapter 12

2 weeks later 

it was the day of the scan and unfortunately my mum couldn't make it but it was OK as Rye,Emily and Andy were coming they were our best friends Emily was going to be our birth coach as she is a trainee and that was good as that could be an excuse for us to hang out more. We drove over to Emily and Andy's house and to my surprise they were waiting outside for us. we thought as we had plenty of room in the car we would take our best friends as it would be nice to experience something with our best friends which were Emily and Andy. when we got to the hospital we got checked in and we went to the waiting room and there was only just enough room to fit all of us in the room. the doctor talked us through the basics and asked who these people were and we said  that emily was our birth coach/ midwife Andy was Rye's best friend and that Rye was the father. she put the jelly onto the belly and looked trough and we could see the baby. " did you want to know the gender today or wait till the next scan and Rye looked at me with puppy eyes because he wanted to know the gender and we both agreed on knowing the gender well there is two things u may want to know pick a number one or two. we chose one first the doctor said " You are expecting identical twins and 2 the gender is a boy and a girl". 

Rye leaned over and the other two just shook my hand. And Rye could not stop smiling.he was over the moon i didn't mind as long as he was happy the doctor cleared for us to leave. we dropped Andy and Emily home and Rye laid me down on the couch and went and grabbed the pillows and duvet and came and layed with me under the duvet whilst kissing my neck.