Chapter 23- Christmas

five months later 

It was Christmas eve and we all went Christmas shopping we went to ASDA, Tesco's and Lidl. When we arrived at ASDA rye bought the kids a hot chocolate and he bought himself a Iced latte and myself an frappe creme from cafe Nero on the way to Tesco's. When we walked into Tesco's we saw Brooklyn with Emily with their baby Jasmine. She was the spitting image of Emily. We walked around the store together. We then made plans to have a big get together slumber party at the house in the backyard on new years eve.

When we got back home we unpacked the shopping, Rye sent the kids to their rooms so that we could then say hello to their new puppy Jupiter he was an golden retriever. He was so small we hid him in the laundry room hence why we are sleeping downstairs so he can come out and get used to Tinkerbell and then the kids tomorrow morning. 

It was 5 o'clock in the evening and we just finished our dinner which was soup and sausage sandwiches. We sit down and watch a Christmas movie until the kids begin to fall asleep. It was Home Alone. I didn't like Home Alone but Rye did so it was OK I guess. About half way through the film I went and made Luna and Rye hot chocolate and Rye and I some eggnog.  We sat down with the children all snuggled up under the duvet and the children fell asleep so we woke them and carried them to bed. We turned their night lights on and we went into the living room and we let Jupiter out of the cage and we said hello to him and he came and layed down across my lap with his back on my thighs. 

jupiter 

jupiter 

Tinkerbell 

Tinkerbell 

after finished wrapping all of the Christmas presents, I looked at my phone to check the time it was 5 to 12 in the morning so we decided we would wake the Kids up so We walked up the stairs to the kid's rooms I went and woke Rye up he took an all mighty stretch and then he hurried downstairs and he pulled out all of the Christmas decorations from the dining room. Luna came running downstairs as I was gonna take a picture on my camera posing in front of the tree.

 Luna came running downstairs as I was gonna take a picture on my camera posing in front of the tree

(the Christmas tree)

after an hour of decorating the tree we put the kids to bed and we went into our bedroom and snuggled into bed and I fell asleep in Rye's arms.

Christmas day Morning 

I woke up at 7 o'clock in the morning to the sound of Christmas music. I look around to see Tinkerbell on Rye's pillow as Rye brings in a cup of tea "Morning sweetheart"he says as he leans over to kiss me pulls the duvet down and picks me up and tosses me over his shoulders and carries me into the lounge as he places me down under the mistletoe he has hung up in the hallway, he wraps his arms around me as he pulls me into a kiss.It felt like it was forever but it was only 3 seconds as the kids came charging through hugging us. It was the best christmas ever. Just after the kids had their breakfast  it was time to unleash Jupiter, Rye comes through with jupiter in his arms wagging his tail, Rye runs up to me hugging me as Luna sits on the couch stroking Jupiter's fur.