Moving Up In The World

"What is it? Why're you so loud!?" Raven scolded, her hangover still present.

"School is cancelled today because somebody spiked the punch." You said, pretending you didn't know who could have done that.

"WHAT!? So we woke up early, for nothing!?" She almost freaked.

"I guess so." You said with a disappointed tone.

"I'm going back to bed." She said as she lay down and slept the hangover away.

Then you got an idea and went to the forge. You decided to modify the suit a bit more, so you mapped out the new design, and started working.

"Okay, place this here, then get these modules and build them into the backplate." You said, taking your time, so you don't mess up the armour entirely, you knew a little bit about mechanics, and how to build basic things, so you took a risk to build a new feature to your armour.

An hour and a half later, you were finished. You just had the new upgrade done, so you headed back to the dorm, with your armour on.
Qrow then ran into you.

"Y/N? What do you know about the punch incident?" He asked, getting suspicious.

"I don't know. Raven and I were having fun at the dance, then the next thing I knew, we were both wasted." You said calmly.

"So you didn't spike the punch?" He asked, more suspiciously.

"Why would I? It sounds like a fun idea, but I know if I take any risks, then I will be out of the only safe haven I have. And then I will not survive. So I have no reason to do that. Have you asked Samuel Winchester? He seems like a bigger nuisance than me." You said, knowing you did it, but not blowing anything for yourself.

"Sounds logical. Thanks, dude." He said, shrugging and continuing, before asking one thing.

"What's up with that thing on your back?" He asked, reasonably.

"This is my new mod to my armour. So it is more portable and less bulky. I made it into collapsable armour with straps around my waist, and shoulders." You said, short and sweet.

"Clever. What made you come up with that idea?" He questioned you further.

"It just crossed my mind after Raven passed out again from a hangover. And seeing as we have the rest of the day off, I decided to put my free time to good use." You replied casually.

"Alright. Well, I better be off. Are you ready for mission assignments and the field trip tomorrow? Seeing as school is out, we have to do the field trip and get the mission assignment done tomorrow, however, missions can take days or weeks." Qrow said sternly.

"Shit... Yeah, I'm ready." You said with a little less confidence.

"Don't worry, it'll be fine." He said as he walked away.

Timeskip to the next day (because I'm lazy)

"Students. As you know the mission assignments will go on after this class assignment. You all are to go and collect a specific breed of plant for me, due to lack of time, we only have two hours to find the plant and report back. Please stay in pairs. Here is a picture of the plant." Oobleck gave everyone a picture of the plant. "You are dismissed." He ended off. Leaving you all to do your assigned task.

You went to look for Raven, who was already paired with Summer. So you looked for someone else to go with and by your luck, Qrow was alone so you paired up with him and went to collect the plant.

"Did you notice Clyde was nowhere to be found lately?" You asked Qrow who was staring in a certain direction while replying.

"Yeah, I figured." He said, and when you asked what he was staring at, you saw him aiming a jar of honey at Raven, who was oblivious to his actions. Next to him was a jar of rapier wasps, you started getting pissed off with him, and he saw you. In his eyes, you could see he did not want to do this, and it was against his will, your eyes softened at this and he turned around, throwing the jar at Samuel, who picked him up and started punching him while speaking to him, however, it was out of earshot, so you rushed over to help when a pack of Beowolves surrounded Clyde.

"Shit, I gotta do something!" You said as you rushed forward to see the pack hitting Samuel around, this caused you to stop and look on for a few seconds. Clyde got back up and got on the defensive, drawing his sword and raising the shield, Crocea Mors, he lunged at a Beowolf, cutting its head off, then spun around and cut one down, while simultaneously throwing another one over his head, using his shield. It shook its head aggressively and went for him again, this time he stabbed it through the heart. Then he spun around and swiped at another, which leapt back causing him to overswing.

"Shit! It's an Alpha!" You shrieked, wanting him to fight his own battles, but also wanting to help, you decided to leave it.

Clyde came down with a powerful strike that just cut the surface of the creatures face, it then lunged forward and he blocked and smashed his shield into its head, stunning the creature as he brought the sword down, cutting its head off.
You looked proud that your lessons are paying off, however you needed to have a word about the previous situation when you got back to Beacon. Then you heard him talk to Samuel.

"This never happened. And do not ever mess with my team- my friends, ever again." He said, helping the wounded guy up, who nodded in response.

You all went back to Beacon, Qrow got hold of the plant and made his way back to the airship. Now all you needed to do was get the mission over with. Upon arriving at Beacon, Professor was signalling you and the others to go to the amphitheatre for mission assignments.

That is all for this chapter guys! Hope it was good, this took forever to write as well.
I guess there's still not much to say, aside from the reminder of constructive criticism always being supported, and please leave a vote and a comment on any ideas for the story, or any of my other stories.

DISCLAIMER! I DO NOT OWN RWBY, OR ANY SONGS, MOVIES, OR APPS MENTIONED IN THIS STORY. RWBY IS OWNED BY ROOSTERTEETH. MOVIES, SONGS, AND APPS ARE ALL OWNED BY THEIR RESPECTIVE CREATORS/ARTISTS.

Thanks, guys!

Till next time