Defiance

"3, 2, 1. FIGHT!"

(Cue Doom 3 Title Soundtrack)

You rushed in and activated your suits knuckles, but as you punched Keath, he vanished and struck you from behind, then the sides, then the top.

"What the!?" You asked, sensing he would strike from underneath, you caught his fist and punched him repetitively in his face, before striking him with your knee. He then pulled out a dagger and sprinted towards you and slid between your legs and slashed the one hydraulic for the leg.

"Hydraulics compromised, eject now!" The suit said to you as you backhanded him, then uppercut him, then you proceeded to eject and grab your Deagles, and fire dual wield, driving him into the ground.

"Looks like Keath has found a weak point! My oh my!" Oobleck commented as you whispered to yourself.

"Not helping, Oobleck!" You whispered as he dashed around, cutting you from each position which threw you off balance. Eventually, you picked up on his attack pattern and jumped, doing a twist, landing and backflipping, delivering a kick to the jaw as he rushed in again. Both your aura levels were evenly matched on the radar, being at 40% all.

"This is going to be a close match!" You said to yourself in synch with Oobleck who commented the same thing on the current match.

"All I need to do is use my environment to my advantage. There's a suit there, so if I can pivot around and deliver a solid kick to the chest, it should be enough to knock his aura into the red." You thought, not looking at the suit to give your plan away.

You ran towards him, and as he slashed, you sidestepped him and swung around the suit, letting go at the right time and delivering a solid shot not to his chest, but to his head, you proceeded to land on top of him and use him as a surfboard, draining his aura to twenty percent and signalling the end of the match. However he also landed a shot on you which drained your aura to thirty percent, luckily it is still in the yellow.

(End soundtrack)

"What a win for Beacon Academy!" Oobleck shouted in excitement and pride.

You then helped him up and activated the manual release on the suit, folding it into the backpack-sized holster and walking off the arena with Keath while waving to the crowd.

"Good match, you were a great challenge, you know, so far you are the only one to find the suits weak point." You said, giving him respect for actually being able to disable your armour.

"Thank you. You were excellent out there." He said with a bow. "It was a pleasure to meet you, but I'd best get going." He said politely.

"Alright. Stay well, buddy." You said respectfully. "Now to fix up the suit." You muttered to yourself.

Timeskip 4 years (yes, we are getting to the whole story of Volume 1 now)

You and Raven decided to celebrate graduating Beacon Academy by going out, something you couldn't really do recently because the work was piled up.

"Y/N. I want to have a child." She said innocently.

"Y- you sure?" You asked with caution.

"Yeah. I mean we graduated, we have enough money to buy a decent place, why not have a child?" Raven asked with intent.

"Alright. You make a good point." You said with a chuckle.

8 months down the line, Raven had the child and planned to call her Yang, as it was confirmed to be a girl.
However, she seemed more distracted lately.

"Raven? Everything okay?" You asked with caution.

"Yeah, everything's fine." She said with a smirk, in her eyes it seemed like it was, so you left it.