12

TWELVE

"na jaemin!" jaemin stirred in his sleep. he groaned as the pillow landed on his face. "are you kidding me?" jeno asked, his patience obviously running out.

"that's it. i'm leaving you."

those words triggered jaemin to wake up. he always hated being left behind. the sleepy one rubbed his eyes, "what time is it?"

"6 am. i have been trying to wake you up for the last 12 minutes." jeno walked out of the room. switching off the fan on his way out so that jaemin won't fall back into deep slumber.

jaemin stretched his arms with a yawn. he tapped his phone and the time showed 6:05 am.

"great, i only slept for 40 minutes." he then proceeded to get ready for his first day in university.

jaemin walked out fully dressed and presentable but the tired eyes are obvious. jeno looked up and sighed. "it's already 6:40 and we have to be there before 7am."

jaemin looked away. sure he felt guilty but he did not felt like apologizing at the moment. he's too grumpy in the mornings. if he opened his mouth, there is going to be an argument so sure.

'i'll just buy him a bread later as apology.' he thought and trailed behind jeno.

〜〜〜☆☆☆〜〜〜

"run jaemin!" jeno shouted and they were both running. rumor has it that punishment is severe for those juniors who are late on the first day.

thankfully, they rented an apartment close to their university.

"it's 6:59. we have one minute!" jeno shouted while running. they have already entered the school compound.

"look for the door that says chemistry." jeno said frantically while peeping through the clear frame of every door.

"wow thank you captain obvious." jaemin replied sarcastically.

jaemin twisted the door knob and entered the lecture room. "ya wait for me!" jeno shouted from behind and fiddled with the papers that slipped out from his beg.

it's only the first day and yet he already has so many papers.

"we did it, jaem-" he stood at the entrance, stunned. as if his feet are paralyzed, he can't move an inch. everyone in the lecture room was staring at him.

he scanned through the room and gave everyone an awkward nod. he can't find jaemin in any of those seats.

finally his eye reached the main part of the room. jaemin was standing behind the lecture stand, he looked at jeno and winced.

'i'm sorry buddy.'  his face said it all.

jeno sighed, luckily he is the type that is quick to read the atmosphere. this must be some kind of punishment for coming late.

he then walked across the room and stood besides jaemin.

"you may not know but it's actually tradition for the latecomers to introduce themselves first." the lecturer clapped his hands and moved to a seat to watch jaemin and jeno as a student.

they stood there like idiots. jeno nudged jaemin using his elbow, "you first."

jaemin sighed. he caved in. it's partially his fault that they are both late. partially, if jeno wasn't so clumsy, maybe they could have reached here earlier.

"just so you know, if i'm not satisfied with your introduction, you'll be repeating it until everyone would remember you in their dreams." the lecturer mused out loud.

jaemin clicked his tongue in annoyance. he already planned an introduction in his head. it goes like, "hi, my name is na jaemin. i like to read."

of course nobody would be satisfied with that.

"hi. i'm na jaemin. i like sappy rom-coms and those stimulations games. i enjoy jamming to city pop, especially from takeuchi mariya. occasionally i read those gory and horror mystery novels but other than that, i don't read. honestly with playing games so much last year, i don't even know how i passed the entrance exams. but look, now i'm here. i'm not really looking for friends but nice to meet all of you."